Jan-Apr 2017: Justin Timberlake - Can't stop the feeling

Competition

Re: Jan-Apr 2017: Justin Timberlake - Can't stop the feeling

Postby hipogrito » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:34 am

Hi,

And the winner is the one and only and already ksetlist champ Kaffimusic!!!

Thanks Kaffi, you are the best!!! Love the SawComper for this song.

Hey guys, please share a big round of applause!!!!

He will be getting a Kurzweil t-shirt courtesy of American Music and Sound, Kurzweil distributors in the USA.
Attachments
KMCSTFLN.P3K
CantStopTheFeeling
(5.23 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
Regards,

Fran
http://www.hipogrito.com
Yes I work at Kurzweil but anything I write here is just on behalf of myself, not the company.
hipogrito
Site Admin

Have thanks: 307 times

Postby cecchino » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:52 am

Kaffi for President :D :D :D !!!

For this message the author cecchino has received thanks: 2
hipogrito (Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:42 pm), Kaffimusic (Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:00 am)
Rating: 3.39%

cecchino
Disco dog
Disco dog

Have thanks: 11 times

Postby Kaffimusic » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:20 am

Heya, I received the message while I was on a vacation on the island of Crete, bad internet connection, so no reaction in time from me. But now I am back, and I am REALLY happy! Such a T-Shirt is a must-have, and I did not have one. Hope I am not too fat to fit in, lol.
Honestly I thought the challenge was over and I did not win. I was pretty surprised when I received the message.
So, for all of you who wants to use it: Follow the instructions I gave how to use the sounds and you will have good on-stage sounds. The analog sawtoothy style one is a sound I have in my bread+butter collection on stage. You can use it on many songs where you need some analog comping.
The piano is not good for anything else but this song, lol.

EDIT: I was asked about compatibility for the LE. This is what I can say:
I don´t own one, but know a bit about it´s abilities and limits, but not exaxtly.
The soundset is a setup that consists of sounds that the LE should be able to handle. The main limitation of the LE is it´s inability to handle more sophisticated effects. But non were used here, it´s all done with the synth, and the LE can do that.
It´s a piano that should be also in the LE and it is hacked to enable you to play that pumping with aftertouch.
The synth is based on a algorithm that Barb has once done some years ago. It makes use of the VA synth and programmed in a way that it can be played in a variety of styles - basically it´s close to a piano-feel with slight dynamics, but an endless sustain. The LE series should be easily able to do that.
A problem might be, the synth is switched on and off with a PC3 button-control, so this is something you may have to change. I don´t know if the LE switches to a button that makes sense or use one at all.
Second, the synth makes use of the A slider on the nonLE to raise the filter a bit. I use it in the song to add more presence in the chorus.
So you also might have to change that to a different control, since I don´t know if the LE will do that on it´s own.
Maybe the LE is not able to handle both FX, the piano and the synth the same time in a setup. Though it´s not very sophisticated, you may have to switch to one of the kind of hard-wired FX in the LE, that fits to that sounds. I can´t give any hints here, since I - like I said - don´t own one.

For this message the author Kaffimusic has received thanks:
hipogrito (Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:09 pm)
Rating: 1.69%

Kaffimusic
Challenge Champ
Challenge Champ

Have thanks: 79 times

Previous

Return to The Challenge