KURZWEIL FORTE PC3/KORE64 Programs

To post setups/programs that you did not create for a particular song but you want to share with the rest of the community.
Forum rules
Read viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5 first

KURZWEIL FORTE PC3/KORE64 Programs

Postby Duplobaustein » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:04 am

Hi!

UPTADE:

Updated the file. There are two files for the Artis by http://www.muzykuj.com with the KORE64 presets, as well as two bonus files. You can use them to load the KORE64 presets into the Forte (via Storage Mode on the unit).

I got a library file with almost all PC3 presets. I just put them in Forte categories. Let me know, if you have problems or when sounds are not in the correct category. Here a little instruction to load them via the editor.

1. Open Soundtower editor.
2. Connect to the Forte on the "MIDI" -> "MIDI Setup" menu. Just press both,the inputs and outputs.
3. Receive all Data with the "MIDI" -> "Receive Data" menu. You have to get every object group by it's own and cannot get it all together.
4. Open the Librarian via the button on the right next to the category buttons.
5. Press "LOAD" button on the top right of the window.
6. You can now enter categories and press "SEND" right next to the Program name to prelisten/play this program right on the Forte. If you like the sound then just selectthe Program on the right, an empty slot on the left (be sure, you are on the User Bank) and click in the arrow button in the middle. Answer the box (Save/Overwrite...) with yes. The program is now written into the user bank of the Forte

Have a nice day!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Duplobaustein on Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

For this message the author Duplobaustein has received thanks: 11
ahrensjt (Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:05 am), bachus (Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:52 pm), bik44 (Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:13 pm), bladesg (Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:14 am), dr melody (Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:10 am), EmJayTowner (Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:07 pm), hipogrito (Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:19 am), Mike Warren (Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:48 am), Tastenmike (Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:40 pm), taxman (Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:16 am) and one more user
Rating: 19.3%

Duplobaustein
House mouse
House mouse

Have thanks: 11 times

Re: KURZWEIL FORTE PC3/KORE64 Programs

Postby hipogrito » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:19 am

That's great!

Thanks,
Regards,

Fran
http://www.hipogrito.com
Yes I work at Kurzweil but anything I write here is just on behalf of myself, not the company.
hipogrito
Site Admin

Have thanks: 298 times

Postby ricramm » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:24 am

Very cool, thanks!! I'm not getting the Forte to respond to the sounds off my computer, do I need to do anything special on the Forte?

Thanks
Rick
ricramm
Basement roach
Basement roach

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby Hooch » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:45 pm

Duplobaustein wrote:Hi!

UPTADE:

Updated the file. There are two files for the Artis by http://www.muzykuj.com with the KORE64 presets, as well as two bonus files. You can use them to load the KORE64 presets into the Forte (via Storage Mode on the unit).

I got a library file with almost all PC3 presets. I just put them in Forte categories. Let me know, if you have problems or when sounds are not in the correct category. Here a little instruction to load them via the editor.

1. Open Soundtower editor.
2. Connect to the Forte on the "MIDI" -> "MIDI Setup" menu. Just press both,the inputs and outputs.
3. Receive all Data with the "MIDI" -> "Receive Data" menu. You have to get every object group by it's own and cannot get it all together.
4. Open the Librarian via the button on the right next to the category buttons.
5. Press "LOAD" button on the top right of the window.
6. You can now enter categories and press "SEND" right next to the Program name to prelisten/play this program right on the Forte. If you like the sound then just selectthe Program on the right, an empty slot on the left (be sure, you are on the User Bank) and click in the arrow button in the middle. Answer the box (Save/Overwrite...) with yes. The program is now written into the user bank of the Forte

Have a nice day!

Just for clarity here.

The Muzikuj download gets you the Kore 64 presets.
You get that direct from the muziuj site.
That worked by just putting the file on a thumb drive and loading them using the Forte by itself.
Once you have it then you'll find what they meant by best of Kore 64 in the Literature.
You'll have a good couple handfuls of duplicates to delete.
It's all good though and really fills in some blanks in the base program set.

The other Forte PC3 zip has all the PC3 presets?
And you have to use the editor to bring them in using your detailed instructions.

Thanks for your work.
I appreciate it.
Lets hope with the future we get the much larger setup and program repository in the
Forte itself. I'm going to run out of room fast!!

John
Hooch
Pub parrot
Pub parrot

Have thanks: 1 time

Postby 36degreesbtdc » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:20 am

As a new Artis owner interested in expanding it's sound options...I'm confused! :oops: All I get from muzyk kore64 download is two .txt files. (part 1 & 2) I'm getting old and probably more than a little senile, but what am I missing?

Thanks
36degreesbtdc
Basement roach
Basement roach

Postby Duplobaustein » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:10 am

Just open the file I attached. :)
Duplobaustein
House mouse
House mouse

Postby dr melody » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:13 am

Great job and thank you Duplobaustein! :D Although your manual to load PC3 sounds into Forte is not so clear but is OK. You put a lot of work! Thanks one more time for sharing! :)
dr melody
Basement roach
Basement roach

Postby Duplobaustein » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:44 am

What's unclear? Could you load it? :)
Duplobaustein
House mouse
House mouse

Postby EmJayTowner » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:06 pm

Hey Duplobaustein,

I just tried to send all programms at once to the Forte - I just can get one by one.
Is there way to select a subset or all sounds and send them at once?

Thanks for helping,

Matthias
EmJayTowner
Basement roach
Basement roach

Postby link2012 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:46 am

Wow great job.
I'll try this.
Thanks.
link2012