KurzweilWorld pianos

Questions about your PC3/PC3K/PC3LE/SP4/SP5 keyboard? Somebody might have the answers here.

KurzweilWorld pianos

Postby geoela » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:12 pm

I was given Pedro's sound package as a Christmas gift. Let me say that it is like getting a whole new PC3K8!! These pianos are incredible. I don't know how he did it, but the samples are amazing!! I only wish I could replace all of the factory pianos with Pedro's pianos. Anyway, I highly recommend this sound pack. Thanks again Pedro!
geoela
House mouse
House mouse

Have thanks: 1 time

Re: KurzweilWorld pianos

Postby MagicWand » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:35 am

How big are these samples/programs? Do I need to use all 128mb?

Kind regards
Robert
MagicWand
House mouse
House mouse

Postby geoela » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:27 am

Unfortunately, you would use the 128mb and then some. These are great samples resulting in great sounds. In order to accomplish this feat you need large files. My major beef/beefs with my PC3K8 is the inability to alter or replace the factory sounds (like Nord can) AND the limited space available to put samples/sounds that you can insert. If there was a way to somehow add to the 128mb either internally or externally via some connecting cable or via USB, it would be awesome. But it appears as though this cannot be done.
geoela
House mouse
House mouse

Postby MagicWand » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:51 am

Ok, thanx for the answer, and yeah its somehow sad its limited to 128mb but then its also and older model, cant expect it to compete with the newest gear :-/ I'm all ready using some of the flash memory and cant be without it, so its a no go for me then :-/
MagicWand
House mouse
House mouse

Postby geoela » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:16 am

Yeah. I agree about the constant upgrading of equipment with improved technology. But with people like Pedro and K Sounds constantly working to bring about awesome new samples and sounds for us with the older gear...maybe a sound module with a ssd to input Kurzweil samples and sounds into, so as to keep our older gear that we saved for 3 years to buy, still up to date would be the answer. MIDI up the module, and away we go!! I know...go buy a Forte!!! Hahaha
geoela
House mouse
House mouse

Postby geoela » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:33 am

Well, I reinstalled my software version 2.41. I have now successfully installed three of the four pianos on my Kurzweil PC3K8. I am super happy with the result. The pianos are fabulous. I picked three of my favorite and have them all onboard there now, and everything is working fine. Awesome awesome pianos!!
geoela
House mouse
House mouse

Return to Kurzweil Discussion