Annual State of Ksetlist Address

Questions about your PC3/PC3K/PC3LE/SP4/SP5 keyboard? Somebody might have the answers here.

Re: Annual State of Ksetlist Address

Postby hipogrito » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:59 pm

Hi,

First, the server is renewed, just don't tell my wife ;-)

Before the next renewal I'll check different options and/or fight Godaddy to go back to the basic plan. But thanks a lot for the offering, we might talk in the future!

Ksetlist is anti-Facebook by nature for several reasons.

There are great Kurzweil forums on Facebook already. That's covered. And I'm a member in a good bunch of them. If you are in Facebook, look for them. They are good.

Facebook doesn't offer a good organized way to classify uploads like the A-Z forum we have here. It's very simple to find a Van Halen sound here, you go to the V and look there. Super-Easy.

And, more important, there is a growing number of people that don't want to deal with Facebook at all. Facebook is intrusive, to say the least. And some people just don't go for it. Ksetlist (and other good places like Mastering VAST) tries to be a home for those people. There is no collection of personal data or any other stuff like that here.

But, yes, clearly Facebook simplifies the traffic, people go there for other reasons and then just check the groups. That part makes it easier. Easier to create a habit (others might call it addiction) to look at it periodically. Instead you might visit ksetlist one day, but as there isn't too much action, you might forget about it and check it back in a month. And, with time, that makes the site less alive. With more action, it could be better, for sure. I've been in other forum-based communities that were very active because they had more daily action.

The Journal is an attempt to offer some content in a different format but, honestly, I have very little time to do a good job on it and keep it updated often, which is what it needs to really become what it can be. But I'll keep trying. There are ways to solve that, by opening it to other users. There are thousands of ksetlisters, if only a bunch of them would write something interesting once in a while we could get a very active Journal and that would surely attract more movement to the forum.

Competitions like we used to have are great as some of the resulting sounds are awesome, but very few people submit anything and many times there weren't any submissions, that's why they are temporarily stopped.

With a little more action in the forum, the ads would cover a good portion of the cost. Right now they cover like 1/3. So there is potential growth there.

In any case, this forum is made for YOU. You add the content that matters, the sounds, and you download what others create. The main spirit of the forum is to SHARE. And you are the ones sharing stuff and the ones downloading stuff. That's still the main goal. You have a top 40 band, you come here and download hundreds of sounds ready to be played in your regular setlist. That's about it. I would hope people would upload more. And I'll keep trying to encourage people to do it :)

But, above all, Thanks a lot for those of you who have uploaded the amazing sounds that are here. You rock!
Regards,

Fran
http://www.hipogrito.com
Yes I work at Kurzweil but anything I write here is just on behalf of myself, not the company.

For this message the author hipogrito has received thanks:
jpuhakka (Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:03 am)
Rating: 1.45%

hipogrito
Site Admin

Have thanks: 355 times

Re: Annual State of Ksetlist Address

Postby voodoo » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:08 pm

Agree with all that 100%

For me , the reason I dont upload anything for people to share is I dont have any PC based editor, the one editor that does exist seems buggy at best. Plus add on top of that I cant do all the editing techy stuff, especially when others are so much better, vast may as well be brain surgery for me.

I just chip in - whenever there is something of small value I can add. Keep up the good work everybody

For this message the author voodoo has received thanks:
hipogrito (Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:36 am)
Rating: 1.45%

voodoo
Disco dog
Disco dog

Have thanks: 9 times

Previous

Return to Kurzweil Discussion