Greetings from California

Introduce yourself here! Do you create libraries that you sell? Do you want to share a video? Do you have a cool band? ONLY if you play Kurzweil.
Forum rules
The K Set List is about sharing. Sharing is the main goal. So, please SHARE, SHARE, SHARE.

If you are a new member of the forum, you will have to write a post in the upper section of The K Set List, before you will be able to download anything. We recommend to write an introduction of yourself here. What Kurzweil keyboard you play? What type of music?

Still, there are people/third parties that create pretty impressive libraries who they sell, normally pretty cheap. Here you can promote that.

Other people just want to show off their talent creating sounds. This is a place for that. All for good old fame!

Or you just want to post your latest video/audio playing a Kurzweil keyboard or you have seen a cool video of some band playing a Kurzweil keyboard and you want to share it. This is a place for that.

Only Kurzweil related topics. Anything non-Kurzweil will be deleted.

Don't use this forum for feature's discussion, use the PC3 family Discussion forum for that. Don't use this forum for posting videos of how to do this or that, use the PC3 family Discussion forum for that.

Greetings from California

Postby marku » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:05 pm

I’m a self-taught rock, blues and jazz player and have a PC361 for my top board and older SP-88 for bottom. A few years basic piano lessons in grade school and then just picking it up in high school near Buffalo NY late 60’s. I quit bands moving away to college and sold my gear (Fender contempo all I could afford) to travelling cross country by motorcycle in 1976. So with no gear I did not play for decade or so. Settling in California I completed a career in civil engineering and raised a family in Placerville – giving little time for bands. Recently retired, I have time to get back into it more than just playing at home and jamming since about 2000 given busy career. (had SS Hammond theater and smaller SS Hammond 1992 to 2012 and other portables for jamming) A couple years ago joined a band called the NoBS. We are cover band danceable stuff in general to get gigs (mostly classic rock with some edge) --but as much deep purple as they will let me.

I got PC 361 used and really like it – other than some touchy issues. I have had issues with the pitch bend/tuning and have to disable it with software given the shop fix did not last – also cleaned connections recently to fix loading issues. BUT, I am real beginner on programming and generally just tweak onboard sounds for dual keyboard setup mainly messing with effects (my SP88 is died and just controller).

Reading some other greetings I feel a bit intimidated by the professional experience and expertise in programming given my shortcomings, but will share some setups as some of them serve me well- Jon Lord type stuff, ect.. I do also like Jimmy Smith style stuff on my own (PC361 IMO good stock set with minor tweaks). Also miss that the local blues society in foothills here died a number of years ago. I’ve always basically been a blues guy and I want to get in a blues band to get beyond the restrictions of cover.

So I’ll start worming around to figure out how this site works and share some (I also need to find another place to learn programming tips beyond the tutorials at Kurz site as I have a lot to learn – so will be surfing net for that).

Cheers
Mark Urquhart

For this message the author marku has received thanks:
hipogrito (Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:31 am)
Rating: 1.64%

marku
Basement roach
Basement roach

Have thanks: 1 time

Return to People