The Cars- Just What I Needed

Coldplay, C Lo Green, Cutting Crew, Cream, The Cars, Chris Brown, Cyndi Lauper and more...

The Cars- Just What I Needed

Postby willspence » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:14 pm

Left hand = crunch guitar for the rhythm parts, right hand is the lead sound. Any of the PROGRAM switches adds a guitar double to the lead sound. Vibrato for the lead is controlled by cc4, Pedal 2, which also fades the guitar lead sound out for the end warble.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For this message the author willspence has received thanks: 5
elenamartin (Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:22 pm), hipogrito (Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:14 am), JohnEKeys (Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:18 pm), mobilenator (Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:34 am), plavolasec (Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:11 pm)
Rating: 8.2%

willspence
Basement roach
Basement roach

Have thanks: 7 times

Re: The Cars- Just What I Needed

Postby elenamartin » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:41 pm

I really like what you've done with the lead sound. But I need some help adapting it for my keyboard. I have a PC3LE and I would like for the end warble to be controlled by the modwheel instead. (And I don't need the guitar at all, because my guitar players take care of that.) I can't figure this out! I've read the manual, and I am about ready to bang my head against the wall! This seems like such a dumb thing to me ... I am a total newbie at this sound editing stuff. Can someone please help me?
elenamartin
Basement roach
Basement roach

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby tz_keyz » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:54 pm

I use a wurlitzer piano when I have to play this song. It fuses with the guitar really well. When I first played this song sampling was non existent. I'm showing my age.
tz_keyz
House of Blues alligator
House of Blues alligator

Have thanks: 94 times

Postby willspence » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:27 pm

Just modify your setup so the modwheel sends CC4 to the proper zone(s)...

Glad you like it!
willspence
Basement roach
Basement roach

Have thanks: 7 times

Return to C