Greetings from TX

Introduce yourself here! Do you create libraries that you sell? Do you want to share a video? Do you have a cool band? ONLY if you play Kurzweil.
Forum rules
The K Set List is about sharing. Sharing is the main goal. So, please SHARE, SHARE, SHARE.

If you are a new member of the forum, you will have to write a post in the upper section of The K Set List, before you will be able to download anything. We recommend to write an introduction of yourself here. What Kurzweil keyboard you play? What type of music?

Still, there are people/third parties that create pretty impressive libraries who they sell, normally pretty cheap. Here you can promote that.

Other people just want to show off their talent creating sounds. This is a place for that. All for good old fame!

Or you just want to post your latest video/audio playing a Kurzweil keyboard or you have seen a cool video of some band playing a Kurzweil keyboard and you want to share it. This is a place for that.

Only Kurzweil related topics. Anything non-Kurzweil will be deleted.

Don't use this forum for feature's discussion, use the PC3 family Discussion forum for that. Don't use this forum for posting videos of how to do this or that, use the PC3 family Discussion forum for that.

Greetings from TX

Postby Gilfmeister » Mon May 14, 2018 3:32 am

Hi everyone--my name is Jay, new owner of a Kurzweil SP6.

I've been playing in cover bands for 30 years, mostly on lead guitar, but the group I'm in requires me to double on guitar and keyboard while the other guy switches between sax, guitar, and front man duties. Since that means I have to bring a keyboard AND guitar rig, I try to roll light and compact. We use in-ear monitors, and I run guitar through an Axe-fx, and my keyboard through a DI direct to house.

I've been using a Yamaha MOX6 I bought brand new back in 2011. It has a ton of sounds, I can do splits into four zones to cover multiple parts live, it's a lightweight 61-key workstation. I don't use the sequencing or many of its other capabilities. The sounds are all pretty functional for a a variety cover band.

The problem is, I've outgrown it. I wanted to get a lightweight, 88-key, weighted action, with a small footprint, that could do what my Yamaha does, but with better action, and better piano sounds. I didn't want to bring out two keyboards, even though I could then have a decent keybed with good piano sounds,coupled with my synth on the upper tier for the other stuff.

After much research, I thought I'd give the SP6 a try. I had to buy it online since there was no place to demo one where I live. I decided to keep it after the 30 day trial, so I can't send it back now. It is lightweight, it has some decent sounds, and the action is much more enjoyable. However, the sound selection is very limited. I cover a lot of different styles and sounds, and the factory presets don't have much in the way of good brass or synth sounds. I'm new to this part of the keyboard world, but I understand I can get some presets here? I was told about the Kurzweil PC Library, but this is the only place I've found that offers sounds. Thanks for adding me to the community!

For this message the author Gilfmeister has received thanks:
hipogrito (Mon May 14, 2018 8:25 am)
Rating: 1.47%

Gilfmeister
Basement roach
Basement roach

Have thanks: 1 time

Re: Greetings from TX

Postby hipogrito » Mon May 14, 2018 8:27 am

Hi,

Welcome, and yes, you can get lots of sounds for your SP6 at ksetlist.

This might also help you: journal/?p=112

Also, you can get all the Forte SE SoundBanks that you can find at http://kurzweil.com/product/forte-se/downloads/
Regards,

Fran
http://www.hipogrito.com
Yes I work at Kurzweil but anything I write here is just on behalf of myself, not the company.
hipogrito
Site Admin

Have thanks: 349 times

Return to People