Canadian psych/funk/rock/metal/ambient/classical/blues

Introduce yourself here! Do you create libraries that you sell? Do you want to share a video? Do you have a cool band? ONLY if you play Kurzweil.
Forum rules
The K Set List is about sharing. Sharing is the main goal. So, please SHARE, SHARE, SHARE.

If you are a new member of the forum, you will have to write a post in the upper section of The K Set List, before you will be able to download anything. We recommend to write an introduction of yourself here. What Kurzweil keyboard you play? What type of music?

Still, there are people/third parties that create pretty impressive libraries who they sell, normally pretty cheap. Here you can promote that.

Other people just want to show off their talent creating sounds. This is a place for that. All for good old fame!

Or you just want to post your latest video/audio playing a Kurzweil keyboard or you have seen a cool video of some band playing a Kurzweil keyboard and you want to share it. This is a place for that.

Only Kurzweil related topics. Anything non-Kurzweil will be deleted.

Don't use this forum for feature's discussion, use the PC3 family Discussion forum for that. Don't use this forum for posting videos of how to do this or that, use the PC3 family Discussion forum for that.

Canadian psych/funk/rock/metal/ambient/classical/blues

Postby Pyramid_Head » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:37 pm

Hello from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada! :ugeek:

Pre-ordered my PC3K8 August 2010; anticipated to arrive November, but due to a factory shutting down in Asia, it wasn't shipped until January 2011. It is a phenomenal, flexible instrument with some of the best studio-quality sounds I've ever heard. I am so glad I did research ahead of time, discovering Kurzweil's superior sound and functionality, rather than paying an extra $1000 on one of the flashy, gimmicky competitor's boards prominently featured in music stores.

In February 2015, I ordered the Kore 64 expansion library—adding substantially better guitars, amazing new synths, a wide assortment of ambient sounds, plus a WHOLE lot more, the Kore 64 is EASILY worth the extra $300.

Background: From age 12, I received 5 years of "classical" piano lessons from a mentally ill, born-again, semi-homeless cat-lady who happened to be a great teacher, but I hated it until I started playing the music I wanted to play. I started teaching myself guitar on the side after discovering classic rock and metal, but realized I hadn't paid attention to any of the music theory I was taught, so I taught myself guitar songs on piano as well.

I perform at several funk/rock/r'n'b/blues open jams and open mics around Edmonton, and sometimes throughout Alberta. There are so many welcoming musicians here, ready to expertly jam your songs even if they've never played them, and succinctly teach you to play whatever they have going on the fly—with the right people leading, I feel quite comfortable and learn quickly despite not knowing what I'm doing.

Please message me about the open jams, music, PC3K8, or anything else of interest.
Pyramid_Head
Basement roach
Basement roach

Have thanks: 0 time

Return to People