How to extend a SP 4-7 with Faders and Knobs

Questions about your PC3/PC3K/PC3LE/SP4/SP5 keyboard? Somebody might have the answers here.

How to extend a SP 4-7 with Faders and Knobs

Postby design-papst » Sun May 12, 2019 10:59 am

hello everyone. i have been looking for a solution for a long time to be able to control the drawbars of my SP 4-7 organ faster during playing. Finally I found a solution that really works and I don't want to keep it from you. I can imagine that this is an option for all SP users because the FX groups are difficult to reach. For SP 4-7, for example, it's just the knob and you have to click through the respective section.
I made a video about this. The used devices are only examples, of course you can also do that with those of other manufacturers - for me they were not available at the moment...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4sjPtUFzKU

let me know waht you think about it. 8-)

cheers philipp

For this message the author design-papst has received thanks:
hipogrito (Mon May 13, 2019 8:36 am)
Rating: 1.41%

design-papst
Basement roach
Basement roach

Have thanks: 2 times

Re: How to extend a SP 4-7 with Faders and Knobs

Postby hss » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:15 pm

Nice job. The Omnitronic FAD-9 looks like an interesting portable option with all nine faders. I've been using an M-Audio UC-33e for several years with my SP4-7. I just picked up a SP6 and may use the UC-33 with it as well.

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/evolution-uc33.

The UC-33 is not in production anymore but occasionally they show up on Ebay and Reverb.com. The UC33e is clunkier and larger than the FAD-9 and NanoKontrol but it has nine sliders and lots of assignable knobs/ buttons. It also doesn't require a USB-Midi interface.
hss
Basement roach
Basement roach

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby design-papst » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:43 am

Hello hss, yes, I know the Behringer and many others. But I was looking for a really compact and small solution. I also noticed that you don't need as many parameters as there are buttons. The most important thing for me were the missing drawbars for the organ and the fact that with the SP4 I don't have to click through the effect parameters anymore. Now i have direct access. The biggest advantage of the NanoKontrol or Omnifade is that you can put it in front of you on top of the synthesizer. And the price is also within the range of functions that the manufacturer has missed/saved. :mrgreen:
design-papst
Basement roach
Basement roach

Postby jankob » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:23 pm

Hi,
I am using an Android app called MidiCommander in my smartphone - it works great:
http://www.bordero.it/Apps/MidiCommander/index.html
It was written by a member from this forum:
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=672&p=1752&hilit=MidiCommander#p1752
:)
jankob
Pub parrot
Pub parrot

Postby hipogrito » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:14 pm

MidiCommander works well for me too.
Regards,

Fran
http://www.hipogrito.com
Yes I work at Kurzweil but anything I write here is just on behalf of myself, not the company.
hipogrito
Site Admin

Have thanks: 358 times

Postby design-papst » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:25 pm

Thank you. I already tried MidiCommander. For me it doesnt work because i´m using MobileSheetsPro to switch sound/programs on both keybaords via USB-MIDI and i have also my Musicsheets on it. So i think my solution is the easiest way to get quick parmeter changes ...
design-papst
Basement roach
Basement roach

Return to Kurzweil Discussion