Clear all

Arp switch won't respond

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
KC Stone
(@kc-stone)
Topic starter

I was in midi mode and somehow engaged an Arp message. Now every time I power on my Kurzweil, my programs play repeating notes. The Apr button does not respond. When I depress both the Apr and SW at the same time I get the arpeggiator screen that allows me to deactivate the arp. I have to do this every time I power up. ??? My set ups are fine... just the Programs . Any suggestions as to how to get back to the original function? Tks

Posted : 14/04/2017 4:22 pm
delaware dave
(@delaware-dave)
Estimable Member

As this only happens in program mode the issue is with the control setup which resides in Midi mode where you indicated that you were.

First, make sure the control setup #126 is being used. Go into Midi mode and see if 126 is being used. My guess is that a different control setup some how is now being used (something other than 126) which treats the ARP sw differently. If you are using 126, make sure it hasn't been edited. If it has been edited "*" should be showing.

Typical ARP switch defaults are toggled, 127 is Arp on, 0 is Arp off, entry state = none and exit state = off.

Also, in case you didn't know, the ARP switch only lights up when you actually use the Arp Functionality. If you use it for something other than Arp functionality it will still work when engaged however the light will not engage.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie122; MS Low Pro/Pro 3T; Kurzweil PC3; GEM Equinox 88 and 76 key versions; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini Desktop Module; 67 Howard Combo Organ; https://dyinbreedband.wixsite.com/dyinbreedband/home

Posted : 14/04/2017 6:15 pm
Share: