creating user sample based programs for PC3 K

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
TSR
 TSR
(@tsr)
Topic starter

Hi there, new to the forum, but long-time reader on the now closed forum at Sonikmatter.

Currently I have a PC361 and a PC3x and I think of buying a PC3K as I would like to add a high quality piano, some drum and some synth sounds. At the moment, I am using these samples in the MPC4000. Now it's time to push them through the PC3's nice effects.

So, here are my questions related to user-sample based programs on the PC3 K series:
1) Has anybody tried to use a patch editor which is able to export krz-files and load them into the PC3?
2) What are the limitations of the krz-format in terms of samples per programs and single sample size?
3) If you create patches with only 1 layer of sample based material per program, could you create multilayer sample based material with a couple of layers by using the import function on the PC3? Just, like the PC3 normally behaves?
4) Can you use samples with arbitrary frequency, e.g. 30 kHz instead of cd-quality standard 44.1 kHz?
5) Besides, I have observed that I tend to like samples based synth sounds in the PC series better than the VA-oscillators. Anybody else?

Looking forward to your answers.

Posted : 04/07/2013 8:18 am
Share: