Forte Keyboard Feel

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
MrShowbiz999
(@mrshowbiz999)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I was recommended by a user on this and another forum to post my question here, so greetings All . . .

I am looking to purchase a new Kurzweil Forte to replace my ailing Korg T2. Everything from a sound and architecture perspective looks right for my uses, but I cannot find a dealer anywhere in my area that actually has one of these for me to try the keyboard feel. Hoping that someone on this forum actually owns or has at least seriously played one and can give me their honest perspective on the feel and responsiveness of the keyboard.

Thanks, in advance, for your help . . .
Marty

Posted : 13/09/2016 12:31 pm
damdom
(@damdom)

Hi ,
It's difficult to explain a feel about a keyboard, but for me, it's the best keyboard on hard touch in 88 keys .
I played a lot of similar keyboards ( nordstage 88, motif , kronos ), but it's on KURZ FORTE i have the best feel touch.
It's not a real hard touch like a piano, it's more light, but you can adjust it in parameters, and it's ok to play other sounds like pads, synths, etc ...
It's a good choice !! ;)

Posted : 15/09/2016 12:06 am
toeti
(@toeti)

Hi,

for me it feels a little bit like the keyboard from the nord stage. It's only a feel and not a direct compare because my stage leaves me :(
I have a Kronos 73 and this keyboard feels not so good as the one from the Forte.

But it's only my opinion.

Posted : 19/10/2016 11:00 am
ricramm
(@ricramm)

Keyboard feel is very personal & subjective. I like the Forte's action for covering the "best of all worlds"... AP & EP feel pretty good as does organ, strings, brass, etc. Is it the best for APs only, IMHO not really but if your the purist AP type a Kawai, Motif or even the RD-800 would be more "realistic" for AP keyed action. And of course for organ there are several boards that just focus on that.
For covering a wide variety of sounds & you want one board to do all the heavy lifting the Forte is definitely the way & sounds the best.

Posted : 22/10/2016 7:01 am
Chinneric
(@chinneric)

My top 3 piano "feel" choices
1) Kawai MP11
2) Yamaha CP4
3) Roland RD800

*Sound not considered

Posted : 26/10/2016 10:06 am
Share: