how to reverse slider action

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
drflodo
(@drflodo)
Topic starter

Hi,

Can someone point me to the way to reverse the effects of the sliders for a single program, so that they go from, say 127 to 0 rather than 0 to 127?

I am new to ksetlist, so pardon my fumbling with basic questions about the PC3, but I could not find the answer to this question here or on the web. I was following the Kurzweil Tutorials and managed to successfully assign slider H to reverb. But the action is reversed from the tutorial, and I would like to change it so it goes from short to long when pulling the slider out, not when pushing it in.

I only want this to work for a single Program, which currently sets the parameter Rvrb Time using source MIDI27 with a depth of 12.00 seconds.

I tried several of the soft keys under Edit Mod1 and depth control, and still can't figure how to reverse the slider action within this program.

Posted : 15/02/2015 11:22 am
delaware dave
(@delaware-dave)
Estimable Member

In general to reverse the sliders set the scale to -100% then set the add to 127. However, this cannot be done within a single program because the program's sliders are controlled via the control setup.

Your requirement is slightly different however in that you only want this for one program. The programs sliders are controlled by the control setup. The control setup impacts ALL programs. You only want to impact one program. To do this put the program into its own setup, i.e. create a one layer setup adding that program into it. Then go into the SLID and SLID2 pages, find the slider that you want to reverse, and perform the above mentioned steps to it, then save the setup.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie122; MS Low Pro/Pro 3T; Kurzweil PC3; GEM Equinox 88 and 76 key versions; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini Desktop Module; 67 Howard Combo Organ; https://dyinbreedband.wixsite.com/dyinbreedband/home

Posted : 16/02/2015 8:51 am
The Puppeteer
(@the-puppeteer)
Trusted Member

For a single program, press edit and go to the DSPCTL page for the parameter you want to reverse.

For example Pitch might have Source 1 as LFO 1 and a depth of 12ST. Change the depth to -12ST and save.

It's that easy for nearly all controllers.

The Puppeteer
Godlike Productions
Mastering VAST Forum

Posted : 16/02/2015 11:02 pm
Share: