Forum

Kurzweil DCDCLASSIC...

Notifications
Clear all

Kurzweil DCDCLASSIC Classic Synth Sound Sample Library — Any Good?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
jwatilo
(@jwatilo)
Topic starter

Howdy, Folks.

Anybody familiar with this (apparently old?) library, that comes on CDROM? I came across it at Alto music, and I’m kind of a sucker for classic synths. I’d be trying to load some of them into my shiny new PC4, but I’m just not sure what format the files are in, and if it would even be worth it to try to import them.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
John

This topic was modified 3 years ago by jwatilo

Posted : 04/08/2021 2:05 am
MiNukurz
(@minukurz)
Eminent Member

John, I suspect the CDs were created SCSI compatible, and likely need some 'processing' to get them to read on some OS's  - Specifically Winders

I purchased a 3pack of those legacy CDs with the intent to try and load up some from the Bass Gallery (I did also receive the Classic Synth CD as part of that). When I put the Bass Gallery CD in my winders 10 machine ' I see nothing '. There a thread on Music Player forum that discusses processing the CD via some other software in order to extract the files on those CDs.......haven't got around to it yet....

...the next question of course would be loading them and whatever tweaking is needed for the PC4

http://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/3097952/Searchpage/1/Main/195982/Words/rwave/Search/true/re-kurzweil-pc4#Post3097952

Posted : 14/08/2021 12:58 am
Share: