Clear all

Kurzweil SP4-7 malfunctions

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Jeanco
(@jeanco)
Topic starter

Hello, I am French, I hope that you can understand me..

I bought a Kurzweil SP4-7 in March, 2014. I was very satisfied with this device. Good sounds of piano, 76 keys and not heavy to transport with a keyboard rather close to that of the piano one.

I settled the V2 OS and downloaded the sounds of the PC3 series which are interesting.
But I had many problems. Problems of LCD display, modified sounds on a key, effects which disappeared, sustain pedal which does not work and in a sporadic way.
It was seen by a technician who came at home. The Function Board-CPU was replaced. But there were always breakdowns. I then sent the device to the importer which detected a problem of ribbon cable damaged by a led termination. (Bad assembly in factory). It sent back it to me. But the defects were always present. Then the function board was replaced but it changed nothing. This lasted 6 months!
Then, three weeks ago the importer and the distributor For France sent me a new SP4. I was very satisfied to be finally able to play without fear of having an incident. :)

But unfortunately I meet the same problems on this new device and the customer service of the importer does not understand the reasons of these incidents which do not often happens but which are very awkward. Sometimes I can correct by simply pressing on a touch of control. But sometimes it is necessary to turn off and turn back on the SP4. The customer service of the importer in France thinks that it is caused by the use of downloaded schedules. In connection with US Kurzweil they look for the solution. Can be a problem with the OS. :(
Did anybody meet the same problems with his/her SP4?
Thank you in advance for your help.
Best regards.

Posted : 14/10/2015 1:35 am
sheenaherself
(@sheenaherself)

No. I bought mine last 2014 and did not have a single problem.

Posted : 20/06/2016 12:09 am
delaware dave
(@delaware-dave)
Estimable Member

Did the issues appear after you loaded the PC3 sounds into the SP4? Sounds as though the PC3 programs corrupted your SP4. Do a hard reset of the software and do not reload the PC3 programs into the SP4 and see if the SP4 starts to function normally.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie122; MS Low Pro/Pro 3T; Kurzweil PC3; GEM Equinox 88 and 76 key versions; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini Desktop Module; 67 Howard Combo Organ; https://dyinbreedband.wixsite.com/dyinbreedband/home

Posted : 20/06/2016 5:14 pm
Share: