PC3 Factory Objects for Forte

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
DaveBeta
(@davebeta)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi. Does anyone know if there is a way to get a complete list of the inbuilt programs/fx from a PC3/K in a file so that I can load objects into my Forte?

Quite a few of my setups that I have moved from my various PC3s to my new Forte use standard programs and it's a pain to have to boot up a 'spare' PC3 and save them as new programs just to move them onto the Forte. What would be nice would be a complete dump in a PK3/PC3 file that I can use to pick missing objects and load. IIRC, the old OS updates used to have separate OS and object files but that moved to a combined KUF format a while back and I don't know if the Forte can open that.

Or is there a better way of getting these programs across that I'm just missing? :)

Posted : 04/05/2017 5:44 am
mikeh11
(@mikeh11)
Trusted Member

Over here http://ksetlist.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1128 there is a Python script that takes apart KUF files. The KOBJ file is what you want; maybe rename it, and when you load it, select only the programs/fx that you want. The format of the KOBJ file is pretty much the same as a .PC3 file.

I've attached a zip file containing some of my Ruby scripts (they change quickly, and some need a lot of work still). You need to run them from a command line; Mac and Linux system already have Ruby; Windows I don't know about.

- kufx - extracts the kobj from a KUF file
- kobs - extracts individual objects from KOBJ/PC3/FOR/... file(s) (no dependencies, though)
- pc3 - lists the contents of KOBJ/PC3/PLE/FOR/ART/SPX,... files

Use:
# extract the object file from the unified file
kufx P3K241K.KUF

# list all the objects
pc3 P3K241K.KOBJ

# extract some programs, ID's 10 through 20, plus 99
kobs -tpr -i10-20,99 P3K241K.KOBJ

The drawback of 'kobs' is that it doesn't extract any dependencies, and it doesn't put multiple objects in one file, so make an empty directory and extract objects in there, to keep things clean and organized.

HTH!

K2000R 3.87J | MBP 2012 macOS 10.14.6

Posted : 06/05/2017 9:49 am
DaveBeta
(@davebeta)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Cheers Mike, I'll have a bit of a play with those and see if I can get somewhere. I'm a software engineer myself so I'm an old hand at scripting.

Posted : 06/05/2017 10:22 am
DaveBeta
(@davebeta)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Correction Mike - that's brilliant. If the kobj can be turned into a pc3/p3k file, I'll try and publish it somewhere. :D

Posted : 06/05/2017 10:32 am
mikeh11
(@mikeh11)
Trusted Member

Just rename it. "mv P3K241K.KOBJ P3K241K.PC3"
It is a PC3 file, after all, so if the Forte can import PC3 objects, it should be good to go.

K2000R 3.87J | MBP 2012 macOS 10.14.6

Posted : 15/05/2017 8:52 am
Share: