Clear all

PC3 sequencer problem

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
rockinredeye
(@rockinredeye)
Topic starter

While trying to use the sequencer in my Kurzweil PC3 for the first time, there's something I can't understand. After recording an 8-note sequence and looping it, there are a few milliseconds of delay after the 8th note and the first note; in other words, each of the eight 8th notes play at tempo, then there is a hesitation before the next beat. I can't use that! Is there something about sequencing in general that I don't understand? I have also tried doubling the length of the sequence, but that hesitation is still there after note sixteen. Thanks for any suggestions.

Posted : 15/06/2020 3:41 pm
hipogrito
(@hipogrito)
Estimable Member Admin

Hi,

Please tell us more details.

Your 8 notes are in one bar? What're your Time In/Time out parameters?

Thanks,

Regards,

Fran

Posted : 15/06/2020 3:48 pm
rockinredeye
(@rockinredeye)
Topic starter

@hipogrito

This sequence is 8 eighth notes over four beats. There is kind of a sixteenth rest before the loop starts to play again. Not in front of my keyboard right now, but, I believe Time In is 1:1:0 and Time Out is 2:1:0. Do you think reducing the Time Out to 1:4:800 or some such would get rid of that sixteenth rest at the end?

Posted : 15/06/2020 7:54 pm
hipogrito
(@hipogrito)
Estimable Member Admin

Have you checked in the Events page that you don't have a ton of messages in there? Like tons of Mono Pressure?

Regards,

Fran

Posted : 17/06/2020 2:14 pm
Share: