3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
joegedicke
(@joegedicke)
Topic starter

Hi,
last week I have got my PC3K6.
Now I have spend many time with it the last days and I wish to let you know what I am thinking about it.
The first Workstation was a Kronos. It was sounding very good, but the fan was running loud, you had to wait several minutes before you can play, and when I have driven the Outputs in full range there was a little noise, and that was for my Studio not really the right thing.
As second I had a Motif XF6. A very good Instrument, sounding good, but the Effects are a sounding a bit deathly, like the most sounds from Yamaha it is sounding so clear, that it is going to be steril. Also the Motif has very long loading times if you want to change the samples you are playing. Also it has no VA Synth inside.
The third was the Fantom G. A very amazing instrument with a very good and big display. Also it is sounding good and has good effects. It was one year my favorite Workstation in my Studio. But also no VA Synth and no Drawbars. Only Samples like the Motif and a long Boot Time.
Then I was thinking a long time of buying once again another Workstation, the PC3K6...Ther are many different meanings about this Synthesizer in the Net. The two most bad things for people are the little display and the very little Rom space for Sampling and also playing the Standard Sounds.
Now I can say: the Kurzweil is sounding better than the other Workstations. It has a very good digital and analog circuit and the effects are the best I have ever had in a workstation. You can nearly play all Standard Sounds and the most sounds great, great, great. In a Kronos you are first time you hear it wondering about the Sound of this Synth...but it is only Sound and Effect and you can not really work with the most of these sounds in a production. The Kurzweil sounds different, i will call it: Non-Plastic!
And the display is not as bad as written about it. I have made without reading the Manual a few little Pre-Productions for a big Project, and it is a very amazing way of working with the whole Key! Also the Key works very good with Logic X without any Midi-Problems.
Great!
Thank you, Kurzweil!
Next weeks I will work deeply with the VAST and VA Technique in the Key....I think, it will make much fun to go to Top Speed with it!
To all who don't know if buying or not: Buy it! It is very very amazing, also in difference to other Workstations!

Sorry for my bad English...

Coming from Germany...

joeg.

Posted : 23/09/2013 9:07 am
EvilDragon
(@evildragon)
Trusted Member

and you can not really work with the most of these sounds in a production

Hmmm, I wonder, because it HAS been used without issues in a lot of productions already.

Posted : 23/09/2013 9:47 am
joegedicke
(@joegedicke)
Topic starter

yes, Kronos sounds great. But for me, you can not take the sounds as quick as from Kurzweil for my productions. I have much to do to change them. Also most time there is too much Reverb and Delay in the Standard Sounds and so on...and the OPs from the analog audio out are not very good. Maybe in the new X-Station they sound better.

Posted : 23/09/2013 9:54 am
Share: