6 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
hipogrito
(@hipogrito)
Estimable Member Admin
Topic starter

Dear all,

If you have a PC4, you MUST update to 1.09. 

Find all the info here: https://kurzweil.com/2020/12/17/update-1-09/

IMPORTANT: PC4 has a new codec version for the Programs. That means that if you create a Program in the PC4, you will NOT be able to load it in the Forte/Forte SE/SP6. Hopefully we can update those keyboards soon so that you can upload those programs created with the PC4.

Kurzweil object codecs work like this: A keyboard always writes objects in the last version known by its OS. It also reads all the previous versions. What it can't do, is to read an object written by a newer version by some other product that has a newer object codecs.

Regards,

Fran

Posted : 21/12/2020 7:31 pm
cecchino
(@cecchino)
Estimable Member

Posted by: @hipogrito

IMPORTANT: PC4 has a new codec version for the Programs. That means that if you create a Program in the PC4, you will NOT be able to load it in the Forte/Forte SE/SP6. Hopefully we can update those keyboards soon so that you can upload those programs created with the PC4.

Kurzweil object codecs work like this: A keyboard always writes objects in the last version known by its OS. It also reads all the previous versions. What it can't do, is to read an object written by a newer version by some other product that has a newer object codecs.

Regards,

Fran

So, when I get the Forte SE (I should have it in my hands already, but this damned Covid has blocked everything) I won't be able to load new programs until the new OS update is out? ? 

Posted : 22/12/2020 6:11 pm
hipogrito
(@hipogrito)
Estimable Member Admin
Topic starter

Hi,

You will be able to load most of the stuff that is out there into the Forte SE. Only new programs created with the latest 1.09 will not load into your FSE.

But, that's just temporary because we will update the Forte SE as well.

Regards,

Fran

Posted : 22/12/2020 7:12 pm
cecchino
(@cecchino)
Estimable Member

Thank you so much, Fran!

Posted : 22/12/2020 11:05 pm
tripleB
(@tripleb)

Fran, is this new PC4 object codec already implemented in the latest beta (2.10d) for Forte SE?

Posted : 23/12/2020 10:56 am
hipogrito
(@hipogrito)
Estimable Member Admin
Topic starter

@tripleb

No. There was more data added after that release. But new Betas for the Forte SE and SP6 are coming.

Regards,

Fran

Posted : 23/12/2020 2:42 pm
tripleB reacted
Share: