Setup change via Midi on PC3x

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
paozir
(@paozir)
Topic starter

I own a PC2 and a PC3x.
In PC2 - Global Menu/Setup Change - you can select the midi channel to change the Setup, but I can't find this selection on PC3x.
My gear is drived by a Miditemp PMM88. It also allows you to send a Program Change message (format 1 - 128) to the instruments connected through its 8 outputs, but no other informations such as BSM LM and so ........
When I store a Program Change to be sent to the PC3x only a single Program inside the current Setup changes, but not the entire Setup itself.
I presume this option is provided for the PC3x too, but where can I find it?
Many thanks for any help ....

Posted : 24/12/2015 5:10 am
delaware dave
(@delaware-dave)
Estimable Member

Go to midi mode and check the settings on the recv page. Midi mode s/b set to multi. Program change mode s/b set to extended and localkbd should be set to none.

In the original manual reread pages 10-4 to 10-11.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie122; MS Low Pro/Pro 3T; Kurzweil PC3; GEM Equinox 88 and 76 key versions; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini Desktop Module; 67 Howard Combo Organ; https://dyinbreedband.wixsite.com/dyinbreedband/home

Posted : 24/12/2015 12:57 pm
da capo
(@d-c)
Eminent Member

I own a PC2 and a PC3x.
In PC2 - Global Menu/Setup Change - you can select the midi channel to change the Setup, but I can't find this selection on PC3x.
My gear is drived by a Miditemp PMM88. It also allows you to send a Program Change message (format 1 - 128) to the instruments connected through its 8 outputs, but no other informations such as BSM LM and so ........
When I store a Program Change to be sent to the PC3x only a single Program inside the current Setup changes, but not the entire Setup itself.
I presume this option is provided for the PC3x too, but where can I find it?
Many thanks for any help ....

Hope you had nice holydays !

I used a Miditemp PMM88 for concert touring in the past,- and AFAIR, there is the MIDI bank change command missing unfortunately.
SInce I sold the PMM88 I use a PMM88E which is a night and day difference because of the additional options using the device w/ keyboartds and MIDI modules offering more than 128 preset slots.
I use a PC361 in my rig and it works w/ the PMM88E using MIDI bank change and MIDI program change commands in a combo.
OTOH, you should be able to control 128 setups in a PC3 using a PMM88 as well as controlling program change numbers 1-128 for each zone in a setup when the PC3 is setup correctly for MIDI RX.
But any program change numbers higher than 128 might be out of reach still.

D.C.

Posted : 27/12/2015 1:28 pm
paozir
(@paozir)
Topic starter

Hy guys, thanks for your tips.
I set the PC3x as Dave suggests, but nothing has changed. I read the original manual pages 10-4 to 10-11 and setup edit pages, but I can't find a word about how to change a setup via midi.
PC2 was absolutely easier in global setting.
Hope to receive other suggestions .....
Thanks in advance

Paolo

Posted : 28/12/2015 3:37 pm
Jean_Bellefeuille
(@jean_bellefeuille)
Eminent Member

Hi Paolo,

Check out the following tutorial, it should get you going:

http://kurzweil.com/knowledgebase/pc3x/setup_mode/473/

Any questions, just let me know.
/JB

Jean Bellefeuille
http://kurzweil.com/support/operational/

Posted : 28/12/2015 6:11 pm
da capo
(@d-c)
Eminent Member

Hy guys, thanks for your tips.
I set the PC3x as Dave suggests, but nothing has changed. I read the original manual pages 10-4 to 10-11 and setup edit pages, but I can't find a word about how to change a setup via midi.
PC2 was absolutely easier in global setting.
Hope to receive other suggestions .....
Thanks in advance

Paolo

Follow the link in Jean´s post above.

You have to activate the Local Keyboard Channel on PC3x and set a MIDI channel number exclusively as the "LocalKbdCh" !
Then, the MIDI channel number on the output of the PMM88 which transmits MIDI PrgCh command to PC3x, should match the LocalKbdCh number.
Since you will transmit more MIDI data to the PC3x, playing/controlling other ZONEs in a given setup, take care not using the same channel you use for LocalKbdCh in any other ZONE you want to play/control from external devices (keyboards, pad controllers, MIDI bass pedals or similar).

But as I mentioned in my former post, the PMM88 cannot deal w/ MIDI banks,- it deals w/ MIDI PrgCh numbers 0-127 (1-128) only !
I´ve found the german manual of my (s)old PMM88, so it´s pretty clear you will have access to the 1st 128 factory setups only when selected from PMM88 via MIDI.
Don´t know if QuickAcces Mode might be a workaround for you in that case.

That´s why I bought the PMM88E,- it deals w/ MIDI banks 0 - 32 and PrgCh numbers 0-127 (1-128).

D.C.

Posted : 28/12/2015 7:19 pm
paozir
(@paozir)
Topic starter

Thank you very mutch for your help.
Now it's all ok and I can change the setup via midi from the miditemp.
I move the first 127 farmer Setups from their original location to new ID and afterthat I'm placing my Setups in the same slots (1-127).
Many wishes for a happy and luky 2016
Paolo

Posted : 31/12/2015 10:23 am
Share: