Forum

What are your Maste...

Notifications
Clear all

What are your Master Velocity & Pressure Maps set to?

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
fleece
(@fleece)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

On my PC3X, I have my velocity map set to PianoTouch and the pressure map set to Harder.

Curious if others change the values as well (or perhaps many don't know of the option)?

Posted : 13/02/2014 4:45 pm
EvilDragon
(@evildragon)
Trusted Member

I use PianoTouch and Linear.

Posted : 14/02/2014 4:44 am
tonybanksfan
(@tonybanksfan)
Eminent Member

I use PianoTouch and Linear.

Same here.

Posted : 14/02/2014 4:40 pm
fleece
(@fleece)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I'll confess that I set the pressure map to 'Harder' hoping to imbue aftertouch with more dynamic range (which is not what it appears to do).

Can anyone enlighten me as to how I might make aftertouch more dramatic and swelling?

Posted : 14/02/2014 6:37 pm
EvilDragon
(@evildragon)
Trusted Member

For that, you will probably need to adjust every program which uses aftertouch with more modulation depth for destinations modulated by aftertouch...

Posted : 15/02/2014 1:47 am
fleece
(@fleece)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

For that, you will probably need to adjust every program which uses aftertouch with more modulation depth for destinations modulated by aftertouch...

Thanks. I kinda figured that, but needed to hear it. ;)

Posted : 17/02/2014 9:39 am
happyrat1
(@happyrat1)
Estimable Member

Mine are set to about two or three notches above lightest. Coming as I have from synth style keys to full hammer action I found it necessary to avoid overtiring my fingers and aggravating carpal tunnel.

It's taken me a few months but now I find myself used to the feel of the keybed and my fingers are almost as quick as they were on a synth keyboard.

But then again I find the synth keys on my XW-P1 horribly loose and sloppy now as well.

As it is, I've pretty much settled in for the long haul using my PC3K8 as my master controller for all of my gear now.

It really didn't impress me all that much when I first received it, but the deeper you dig into Kurzweil's design, the harder it grabs you and obsesses you to see what else it's capable of.

And it never ceases to surprise me now. :)

Gary

Posted : 12/03/2014 11:42 pm
Share: