Clear all

Greetings for New Jersey (USA)

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
rickshapiro
(@rickshapiro)
Topic starter

I just wanted to say hello. I have recently rediscovered my PC3. I purchased it used a number of years ago and really never put in the time to learn it. I used it is a rompler as a second tier with a Yamaha ES7 or MoXF. I've been recently looking for a stage piano and the Forte came on my radar. It led me to rediscover and give my PC3 another look and spend time really learning it. You know what, I am really blown away. I've been modifying sounds and creating fresh programs and setups. It really is a great sounding board. I have not made a decision the Forte but plan on including the PC3 back into my stage rig.led

Regards,

Rick

Posted : 09/02/2017 10:17 am
eibinger
(@eibinger)
Estimable Member

Hi, my name is Tom and I know exactly, what you are telling. Since 4 years I have a sp4/7. On gigs I combined it with my Hammond XK-1. Sometimes I considered to buy a PC3K/A or a Forte. Last year I bought a Nord Electro 5d and I hoped, that the piano-sounds would be wonderful. And ... they are wonderful, but only for studio-Performance. our sound-man told me all the time: I cannot hear your nord, the Level is not "strong enoug" and I have to increase the gain. Then I "re-discovered" my sp4/7, spent lots of time in programming, talked to wounderful Support of Kurzweil and directly to Dave Weiser and finally I bought sounds from Dave Weiser and Barb&Co. And ... the Kurzweil is the best Keyboard I ever had. I have a Micro-piano, a Hammond sk-1, a Roland FP-4 and I (still) have a Yamaha P50m-Module. But the piano-sounds of Kurzweil are the best in our band-context. So enjoy Kurzweil and (looking at the Forum Rules) share your experiences!

Cheers from Germany!

Tom

Posted : 12/02/2017 4:25 am
Share: