Clear all

Greetings from NC!

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
nccomposer
(@nccomposer)
Topic starter

I've been playing Kurzweil for almost 20 years when I first got my Mark 152. I still have it and play it almost every day, and through the years have written many songs and compositions, using its onboard 16-track recorder/sequencer in conjunction with my digital workstation. Having been delighted with the technology, look and feel of my first Kurzweil was the reason why I didn't hesitate to consider the brand for my next purchase, the Forte. I absolutely love this new keyboard, and I'm always discovering new features and capabilities. It truly blows my mind. There is more than you can imagine under the hood.

One of the highlights of my musical career was In 1981 when my old band, the Kelly James Band, recorded our Debut album and quickly became a North Carolina favorite. Our demo tape was chosen from among more than 400 others to record an album in the Marshall Tucker Band's Spartanburg, SC studio. Original MTB members Doug Gray, George McCorkle and Jerry Eubanks produced the album, and we went on to open shows across the south with them and other notable groups, such as the Artimus Pyle Band (former Lynyrd Skynyrd drummer), New Riders of the Purple Sage, Dr. Hook, the Atlanta Rhythm Section, and others. You can check out (and please like and share) our Facebook page here: www.facebook.com/kellyjamesband

My musical style has been influenced by artists such as Supertramp, Billy Joel, Elton John, James Taylor, Jim Croce, the Beatles, Bonnie Raitt, Dan Fogelberg and many others.

Thanks for the opportunity to be a part of this group of Kurzweil faithfuls!

Posted : 15/01/2016 10:32 am
fleece
(@fleece)
Eminent Member

Welcome!

I had a Mark 152 too, for a long while. Fond memories...had a K2600 hooked up to it for a few years as well.

Forte 7 is en route. Can't wait! Be sure to check out the reddit sub, http://reddit.com/r/kurzweilmusicsystems

It's tough to find a centralized spot for Kurz users, so every bit helps.

Posted : 21/01/2016 1:58 pm
Share: