Hello from Burlington, Ontario Canada

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
iluvchiclets
(@iluvchiclets)
Topic starter

Hi everyone,

I'm a hobby musician, mostly playing around with keyboards in my spare time but playing with friends (and the occasional birthday gig) 4 or 5 times a year.

I have been playing keyboards for approx 20 years. My main interest the past few years has been analog synthesizers, so I got away from the Motifs, Roland Fantoms, Korg M50's, romplers, etc... for a while.

I was not able to seriously try out a PC3 all this time because Kurxweil doesn't have the store presence some of the other big keyboard manufacturers have...until recently I saw my 2nd hand PC3. I borrowed it from my local store for a few days, and within an hour of turning it on I knew I had to have it. What a great sounding, great feeling instrument! As I mentioned on another forum, I can't believe this instrument has been around all these years and evaded my ears :)

My goal for joining this forum - and others - is to try to understand how to create retro sounding analog sounds on the PC3. I will likely start with sound packs that are available on-line, but I am interested in studying the PC3 inside and out as well. Any guide or pointers to getting Moog, Arp, and retro sounds out of this machine are of great interest to me.

All the best, looking forward to browsing here :)

Posted : 22/02/2018 3:42 pm
Share: