Hello from Germany again

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
christianjwagner
(@christianjwagner)
Topic starter

Hello,
I am Christian from southern Germany and I recently bought a PC3K7.
I used to play in a cover rock band, style is everything from Metallica, Faith No More, Bon Jovi, Pink, Journey, AC/DC up to more pop stuff like Bruno Mars, Taylor Swift etc...
I've been a Yamaha nerd for years, and still I believe that the Motif ES7 has the best synth keyed ever produced (my opinion!), but I got disappointed from the user interface concept once the Motif XS came out (too flashy, too long loading times, display lag when doing something) - i'm more the simple type of guy, ES was perfect.
Now I am having a love/hate relationship with my Kurzweil: first: sounds are great. Still there are some unusable sounds, especially in the Classic Section. I love the keys. The hybrid piano/synth action of the K7 is magical in my opinion. Big keys, enough resistance for pianos, but still you can play organ nicely - not possible for me with weighted hammer action. Love flash. But: I hate Categorization ("show me all FM Pianos at once" - not possible). And: you need weeks to get acquainted to your instrument. Steep learning curve!!
Well, in total I'm satisfied and after thinking for a while - won't get back to Yamaha.

Posted : 04/02/2016 11:58 pm
Share: