1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
MiNukurz
(@minukurz)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hello All.

I'm DaveB, a new owner of a Kurzweil SP6 stage piano. This is my first Kurzweil, having owned numerous keyboard instruments in the past (among others, a suitcase 88, and stage 73 Rhodes, as well as a Wurlitzer EP).
I currently gig using a Privia PX-5s and also have a Kawai Grand.

I come from the 'acoustic' piano side, preferring weighted keyboards, and find the Medeli keybed of the SP6 to be surprisingly comfortable to play, and an easy transition from Kawai grand and Privia action – nice set of velocity curves. I do mostly function/cafe single duo gigs (Jazz oriented), depending on left-hand bass a fair amount of the time. My PX-5s has a lot of custom settings/tones (programs) that I have created, and I'm similarly looking forward to drilling into the SP6 and it's editor to come up with custom programs to use for gigs with the SP6.

As has been reported, I do find the Kurzweil sounds notably better than those in other keyboards I have owned, and look forward to enjoying them. One of the reasons for choosing this keyboard was the discovery of the ksetlist forum, and it's resources for Kurzweil players.

DaveB

Posted : 13/06/2019 6:13 pm
Share: