Hello from the Philly area

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
steveO
(@steveo)
Topic starter

Hello K Set List.

A couple weeks ago I ordered a PC3K7 package (keyboard, kore64, ribbon controller and keyboard case), which is expected to arrive in another week or two. This will be my first Kurzweil product and it will be the centerpiece of my gigging gear and home studio. Hopefully I can work through the learning curve to create the setups I will need to replace what I programmed for the “toy” Korg X5D keyboard that I have been borrowing from our bass player for gigs the past couple of years. My other gigging keyboard is a virtual analog synth from Access. The band is a classic rock cover band in southeastern Pennsylvania.

In the studio my musical interests are quite varied, including jazz, reggae, synth-pop, rock and even the occasional lullaby for my kids. I am wondering how easy it is to use the PC3K7 sequencer for composing full pieces. Since the late 80’s I’ve used built-in sequencer in Ensoniq keyboards as my main writing tool and it was simple to chain together different sequences to make a “song”… and now I hope I can do something similar with the Kurzweil.

I also run Logic Pro X as a multi-track recorder, but not as midi sequencer. Would it be easier to use the Kurzweil as a midi controller with Logic Pro X instead of sequencing directly on the PC3K7?

Looking forward to starting my Kurzweil journey!

SteveO

Posted : 27/02/2018 8:10 pm
romain
(@romain)
Estimable Member

Hello! Welcome steveO :D

Kurzweil PC3K8 / Roland KC60x2 / Samson Servo200 / Denon DN500R / Alesis Elevate 6 / Lexicon MX300 / SUB88A LD Systems / Behringer DEQ2496 / Aphex Exciter.
My website: http://deschampsromain3.wixsite.com/kurtsolo

Posted : 01/03/2018 9:08 am
Share: