Hello from UK

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
David Webster
(@davidw458)
Topic starter

Hi all
I've just joined from the UK. Not in a band and only play for myself - so don't have to please anyone else and can work on the sounds I wasnt to hear.
I'm not a professional musician, played piano for many years then a sucession of keyboards and synthesisers. I'd wanted a Kurzweil for many years after seeing Richard Wright and John Carin play K2000s on the Pulse video. Finally got one about six years ago, a secondhand K2600X and it was way beyond my expectations - a truly amazing keyboard. Then picked up a battered K2000 which I restored, fitted LED screen, expanded memory and SD drive.
Sold the K2600 and K2000 a year ago to help towards funding a Forte and much as I liked the K2600 I don't regret the change. Spent most of the last year getting to know the Forte and now starting to get into programming. there is a lot to learn but it seems much more intuative than the K series
Still miss the K2000 and may look aout for another that's in need of some attention.

Will be off grid for a couple of weeks as travelling but looking forward to exploring the sounds available and hopefully (with more practice at programming) contributing my own soon
Cheers
Dave

Posted : 13/03/2018 10:07 am
Share: