Hi from Holland

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
eriknie
(@eriknie)
Topic starter

Hi,

I've been using Kurzweil since the K2000.
Moved from K2600R, PC88, PC2, to my current setup:
- PC3 lower tier, PC3K6 Top tier

I modified the PC3 to have fully weighted keys. Nice setup.

Recently I tried some other directions:
- replace PC3 with Forte-7, the status of that software was not ready enough for me, Given the price and limitations compared to my PC3 i did not keep the board. My PC3 piano is nicely cutting through in my band, the improvement with the Forte was minimal for me. Perhaps on a more high end PA or studio it is much better heard.

- Move to software, tried pianoteq on a Surface Pro 4. But all the hassle, cables, maintance did not work for me

- Korg Kronos 2 61, Nice for my backing tracks. Overal this is a terrible board. All sounds are worse than my Kurzweil version. Perhaps it needs time. But it sounded thin, many loop-clicks, irritating white blinding lights, Limitations in making complex splits (muting layers does not work, they still consume polyfony). Songs are not loaded automatically, 2 minutes startup time. The organ distortion was back, sounded more like clipping....
The backing tracks sounds great, everything else is okay, returning to my PC3K6 was a nice experience: full and nice sounds!

So, now I'm reworking some sounds on my PC3K6 and am going to test some of the sounds on this list!

My full setup:
- PC3K6
- PC3
- Rolls PM351
- Samsung 7 inch tablet for chords and backingtracks (with my own program)

Best,
Erik

Posted : 06/04/2016 7:48 am
Share: