Clear all

Hi from Sherwood, Arkansas

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Larry Klotz
(@doc)
Topic starter

My name is Larry, username 'doc'. Recently retired, now with more time to play and get into creating nice tones. Long time in various cover bands (classic rock, country, folk, blues, americana, etc. etc.). Dabbling in original productions.  Mostly have been using Roland gear (XV-3080, Fantom Xr, A-70, A-80) until I needed better pianos, tonewheel organs, analog synths. Got a PC3K6 a few years ago which fit the needs nicely. Factory presets, with minor tweaks to a few, have become main tones for almost everything currently playing. Now want to really dive down into the PC3.  Found this site while looking around for some new programs. No commercial libraries, but I'll sift thru what I've tweaked & share if worthy. And maybe a video. Cool band? Well, working on that.

Posted : 28/09/2023 3:27 pm
cecchino
(@cecchino)
Estimable Member

Welcome, doc!

Did you keep some of the Roland gear (at least the A-80 master) or the PC3K6 is all you need?
I had the same keyboard years ago but coupled with a Studiologic weighted master for piano parts. 

Posted : 29/09/2023 5:05 pm
Larry Klotz
(@doc)
Topic starter

hi cecchino. thanks for the welcome.  yes, i still have most of the roland gear including the A-80. an ebay find, still working well, though display backlight is out. it's set up in a rig with an Akai MPK261 and Roland FantomXr. since the A-80 is a beast to move around, this rig stays put.  the PC3K6 is paired with a Roland A-70, XV3080 & Yamaha WX5 in a more portable live rig. waaay back i started with a roland D-10 and stuck with rolands just because they're familiar. nowadays, the PC3K6 is my go-to synth for the sound!

you still got your A-80? it's always felt nice to play. it's own unique feel.

Posted : 25/10/2023 2:50 pm
Share: