Introducing myself ...

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
justkeys
(@justkeys)
Topic starter

Hi,

I found this forum thanks to a very helpful mail from Malc (enjoythesirens, a site full of awesome PC3 sounds).

I bought my first synth about 25 years ago: yamaha SY55, then later got the SY77 too.

When i started loving Dream Theater and Liquid Tension Experiment, i got a Kurzweil 2500X, but only then i realized it's way too heavy for gigs :) so then i got a PC2 and this served me really well for many years playing progressive rock ("Karma Depth") as well as mainstream pop and covers ("the sideshow three", "red spot avenue").

Since a couple of years i sometimes use mainstage (with laptop and interface) for complex projects with many sounds, but for small cover gigs, i like the simplicity of using a single synth, with quick splitting and layering (like PC2).

As my PC2 is getting old, i was looking a replacement having at least the same capablities, but more recent, and found a PC3LE8 last week.

I'm not much of a sounds programmer, i understand the basics, but never got into VAST programming at all.

After running though the PC3LE default programs, i had some "wow" moments, but also felt like i was missing some obvious basic generic sounds; like PC2 has excellent pads, PC3LE pads are a bit limited; PC2 has a subtle range of piano nuances, PC3LE piano is better quality, but all its piano's sound alike, or are unusable. For KB3 programs, PC2 has 16 rather simple but usable organs, PC3LE has mostly cramped distorted B3 organs, i don't see how these new ones will mix in a band... So i'm already hoping to find a way to get some PC2 default programs onto my PC3LE? The church organs of PC3LE are stunning, but unfortunately not of great use in a poprock setting.

So i started googling for PC3LE sounds, and found enjoythesirens... such powerful demonstration of PC3 capabilities! I wish these sounds were presented to me via kurzweil.com - instead of the 50'th google hit. Anyways, hoping to find lots of good sounds here too...

Posted : 19/11/2018 2:55 pm
Share: