New SP6er In Salem, MA

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
AnalogJ
(@analogj)
Topic starter

Hi -

My name is Jeff. I just got a SP6, selling my Roland RD-600 (which I STILL love) due to needing a much lighter keyboard to tote around.

I'm actually currently mostly a professional actor, but have a degree in music. I have played in classic rock bands, but have also accompanied myself and other singers doing more jazz vocal type stuff. I have also been a music director, conducting orchestras and big bands.

I'm not finding the SP6 the most intuitive to use, but for the price, the sounds, the weight, the capability - it's quite impressive. Still, I'm slogging through trying to set it up to my liking, including sounds. I had tried a SP4-7 and found the sounds of programs more smartly designed. I'm still trying to find some of the same guitar sounds. It was smart that the Factory Pipe Stops and All Stops were stationed right next to each other. All Stops isn't programmed into the SP6 (though it can be found on other sets).

Speaking of which, I wish it were easier to search other sound sets for specific sounds.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be picking the brains of those more experienced than I in the future.

Jeff

Posted : 05/10/2018 10:04 am
Share: