Baba O'Riley - The Who

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
kx250fsouth
(@kx250fsouth)
Topic starter

Hey everyone,

This song is on the list for a show I'm doing, has anyone built a patch for PC3X, or have any suggestions on where I might start with putting one together (I'm a basic user...)? I understand there is a home organ sound, any suggestions of a tone that might come close would be awesome! We aren't looking for all the intricacies of the original for practical reasons (one board and one pair of very slow hands), but to get a tone sounding similar to the intro will be the main thing. Any other advice would be gratefully received!

Thanks!
Anton

Posted : 23/06/2017 2:38 pm
dalen
(@dalen)
Eminent Member

Hi, I have made that sound a long ago. I used a sine wave keymap to get closer to the lowrey organ sound. The "marimba repeat" effect was done by an insert effect #271 Fast Tremolo BPM. I combined that with the arpeggiator in setup mode.

Posted : 25/06/2017 3:11 am
kx250fsouth
(@kx250fsouth)
Topic starter

Thanks for this, I have managed to make a setup, but...

In using riff to make the main riff play continually, I'm finding that after a few times looping through, the first F (both pulses of the tremolo) has some static or distortion sound... very weird, especially since no other notes do it and it's not immediate. Any advice?

Posted : 24/07/2017 2:42 am
Share: