Clear all

Car's - Let's Go Sync Sound

8 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Paul Z
(@paul-z)
Topic starter

Just transferred all the sounds I use from my k2500RS into my new PC3K8. All transferred well.......except the sound I use for the Car's song "Let's Go". There is a program in the K2500 "Farm" programs that can be downloaded from the Kurzweil website. The program is called "Car's Sync" and it sounds pretty good. Unfortunately, when I load the sound into the PC3K8, it only makes a "clic" sound across all keys except the highest octave. Does anyone have a good "hard sync" sound that would work for Let's Go....or advice on how to make the old "Car's Sync" program work on my PC3K8?

Posted : 26/07/2017 2:09 pm
SpotlightKid
(@spotlightkid)
Trusted Member

Try factory program #988 "Candy*O SyncLead", which is very similar to the sound used in "Let's Go".

If it's too harsh sounding, go into edit mode and lower the filter cutoff freq on layer 6 and 7.

Chris' Sound Corner

Posted : 26/07/2017 2:57 pm
Paul Z
(@paul-z)
Topic starter

Thanks. I'll give that one a listen!

Posted : 27/07/2017 4:50 am
dalen
(@dalen)
Eminent Member

"Car's Sync" works very well on PC3K. The trick is to change the algorithm by using the cascade mode.

Posted : 27/07/2017 11:50 am
Paul Z
(@paul-z)
Topic starter

Dalen, can you explain what you mean by changing cascade mode? I would really love to use the sound, but I'm not sure what cascade mode is. Or, if you're willing to do so, would you post the sound with cascade mode changed? I appreciate it.

Posted : 27/07/2017 6:07 pm
dalen
(@dalen)
Eminent Member

Here it is.

Posted : 27/07/2017 11:17 pm
Paul Z
(@paul-z)
Topic starter

Dalen, this is absolutely fantastic. Loaded it in and it sounds absolutely fabulous. THANK YOU for taking the time to share this. It is greatly appreciated! :D

Posted : 28/07/2017 4:43 am
dalen
(@dalen)
Eminent Member

I'm glad you like it. ☺

Posted : 28/07/2017 10:13 pm
Share: