Clear all

Downloading

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
mbutler45
(@mbutler45)
Topic starter

Hello Everyone. I am very new to all of this. I am having trouble downloading Patches and set-ups for my PC3x. Not sure how to and what i am doing wrong. I can download but can not open the files. Can they be opened with PC3 sound editor or do I open directly into PC3. Any thoughts or help would be great. Thanks
MB

Posted : 08/08/2016 4:37 am
lizard king
(@lizard-king)
Trusted Member

You load them onto your PC3. I've never opened one external to the keyboard before as I don't use the sound editor.

Posted : 08/08/2016 7:55 am
mbutler45
(@mbutler45)
Topic starter

Thanks lizard King, I'm not sure how to get the patch from a post directly onto my PC3. Is it downloaded to a computer and then through USB from the computer to the PC3? Or is it downloaded directly from the website to the PC3. Thanks again.

Posted : 08/08/2016 8:19 am
lizard king
(@lizard-king)
Trusted Member

It's been a while for me as I've moved to the Forte.

For some reason I always loaded files from my computer to an xD card, xD card to the PC3. I've recently been moving programs OFF the PC3 to load onto the Forte using a USB cable direct to the computer.

Download to your computer first.

I think when you plug your computer to the PC3 and go to the load menu on your PC3 and choose USB it will create a temporary drive on your desktop where you will drag .PC3 extension programs and then load to the PC3. I'm at work and can't check that but I believe that is the basic work flow.

If you can't get it send a note to Kurz support. They're VERY good at helping with issues like that.

Posted : 08/08/2016 9:54 am
mbutler45
(@mbutler45)
Topic starter

Thanks again lizard King, It seems to be working. do you know if it is possible to pick which Program number the patch goes to when downloading?

Posted : 08/08/2016 11:24 am
lizard king
(@lizard-king)
Trusted Member

I've never found a way to pick the program #. That doesn't mean it can't be done. :D

Posted : 09/08/2016 11:13 am
jpuhakka
(@jpuhakka)
Eminent Member

Thanks again lizard King, It seems to be working. do you know if it is possible to pick which Program number the patch goes to when downloading?

At least you can save the patch to desired program number AFTER you have loaded it to your keyboard.
(press edit -> save -> select program number -> and so on)

jukka

PC3K8

Posted : 11/08/2016 11:05 pm
Share: