K2000

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
bazookabull
(@bazookabull)
Topic starter

Hi all!

I have a Kurzweil K2000, and I'm a lame about V.A.S.T. programming. But I need some good electric pianos (but not those dx like rhodes). What do you think? Can I download some good fender rhodes, wurlitzer, clavinet, mellotron programs (I have only 8 MB of Sample Ram)? I found a good video on youtube, I show you, i think there are some usable epianos in the video, but there aren't in factory sound bank (maybe the dual electric piano has a good flavour, but at soft playing there is a bell sound what makes me nervous :)).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xgr5mkvwSM
(for example at 5:55)

Thank you for the help!

Zoltan

Posted : 19/10/2012 4:51 am
jeff
 jeff
(@jeff)

Hello

I'm new to the forum, but have been playing K2000 for at least 15 years. The K2000 native library is pretty lame in the electric piano and classic 70's keyboard sounds. My advice would be perhaps not what you want to hear, but the best way to get what you seek. You will need to spend some money. First, would be to expand your keyboard's sample memory. Ultimately, no matter how good you are at programming, some complex sounds are going to require starting with better samples, and will need to be loaded every time you turn the keyboard on. ( That's why you also want to install a Hard Drive in your K2000.) Some of the better K2000 third party samples and programs for the K2000 are sold by Greytsounds. Mike Pinder's Mellotron Sample CD is the best I've ever heard, (and I owned a Mellotron when polyphonic synthesizers didn't exist.)
All that being said, the far better route would be to get a PC3, as the sound quality and sample sets outshine the K2000 by light years. The classic keyboard samples on the PC3 are astounding, and the processing sounds great. I've already created 40 custom setups for live use, and I've only had it for a week.
I have two K2000's and they don't sound too bad for live use, (or recorded, for that matter), but the PC3 is an inspiring instrument to own and play. Good Luck!

pC3

Posted : 01/04/2013 9:36 am
Share: