Clear all

3 Forte Tine EPs for the SP6

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
David Webster
(@davidw458)
Topic starter

Three of my well used Forte EPs converted for the SP6 to fill some gaps I had. Previously posted in FB SP6 group

Sparkle Top Jam - SpkTpJam.SP6

Based on the original Mr Sparkle Top 73 but stripped down to remove the the nuances and layers where samples (EP Tines 77) are not available on the SP6. Its a good basic hard driving EP with all the subtlety removed and can really cut through. Turn up the delay, phaser and extend the reverb time and it gets really wild. Wah is enabled by the variation button but as the SP6 only has one cc pedal, it’s controlled by the mod wheel – not ideal but I have an idea I’m working on.

Keymaps for the EP Tines 73 have been remapped to SP6 IDs and controllers reassigned to suit the SP6. Assignments used -

• Mod wheel - Trem Depth (wah when enabled)
  • Variation - Wah Enable
  • P1 – Tremelo LFO Rate
  • P2 - LFO Shape (0 = Sine through to 127 = Square Pulse)
  • P3 - Reverb Time
  • P4 - Amp Env Impact
  • Filter 1 - LF Filter Freq
  • Filter 2 - Shelf Amp
  • Attack - Amp Env Attack
  • Release - Amp Env Rel
  • FX1 - Distortion amount
  • FX2 - Phaser amount
  • Delay – Delay mix
  • Reverb – Reverb depth

Liquid Rhodes SP – LiqdRhds.SP6

As the name suggests it’s the complete opposite of Sparkle Top Jam. Based on Stevie's EP from the PC3 using the older two keymap tines, it’s been in my favourites for years and tweaked many times. Moody and dreamy with masses of reverb and a phaser added as a post effect. LFO depth is controlled by the Mod wheel, default set at a leisurely speed but can be adjusted by P1. Variation button turns on delay damping set to about 5 seconds allowing sustain to be used almost continuously without the sound getting too muddy. Low and mid-high gain on FX1 and FX2 to tailor the overall sound as needed. Still capable of being driven hard to give the characteristic Rhodes bite.

Parameter IDs and controllers reassigned to suit the SP6 -

• Mod wheel - LFO Depth
  • Variation - Delay Damping
  • P1 - LFO Rate
  • P3 -
  • P4 -
  • Filter 1 - LF Filter Freq
  • Filter 2 -
  • Release - Amp Env Rel
  • FX1 - Low Gain
  • FX2 - Mid-High Gain
  • Delay - Waves Depth
  • Reverb - Reverb

73 Rhodes SP – 73RhdsSP.SP6

Another of my favourite goto programs. Based on a fairly stock Rhodes using the 73 Tines samples with FX modified to produce a good general purpose Rhodes, slightly heavier but covers a lot of bases for me. Converted to suit SP6 object IDs and assignable controls. Tremelo depth is controlled by the Mod wheel, speed adjusted by P1 whilst P2 adjusts the shape of the LFO wave to give a sharper pulsing effect if desired and P3 turns up the evelope impact. Overdrive on FX1 and Chorus amount on FX2. Typical Rhodes bite when played hard.

Controller assignments used -

• Mod wheel - Trem Depth
  • Variation - Rel Sample On/Off
  • P1 - Tremelo Rate
  • P3 - Amp Env Impact
  • P4 -
  • Filter 1 - Bass Gain
  • Filter 2 - Treb Cut
  • Release 23 - Amp Env Rel
  • FX1 - Treble Overdrive
  • FX2 - Chorus Amount
  • Delay - Delay
  • Reverb - Reverb

Posted : 24/01/2023 5:54 pm
Share: