Forum

7 Layer Super Saw V...

Notifications
Clear all

7 Layer Super Saw VASynth for PC4 (with 3x Saw Sub Osc)

2 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
jonsmanoj
(@jonsmanoj)
Topic starter

A 7 layer Saw + 3 layer Sub Osc VASynth for PC4.

I use this as a template to quickly edit the sound with the controllers and create all my basic saw based sounds and other pads sounds varying from warm-and-soft ones to string-machine like sounds. Play around with both the filters (Slider1, Slider2 & Knob 5) to get a whole lot of sound colors. You can experiment with the Sub Osc pushed up and bringing down the saw layers for riffs and patterns. Since the 4Pole LP can be driven into self oscillation, playing around with the resonance can give you lots of interesting sounds. (Tip: If you are new to subtractive synthesis, bring down the LP Freq and push the resonance, but watch out for the filter self oscillation overdriving it!)

Super Saw: 7x 2-block Saw (Layers 1-7) cascaded on to a 4Pole Mogue LP Filter (Layer 8 )
Sub Osc: 3x 2-block Saw + 2Pole LP (Layer 9-11)
Controllers/(default values)
Slider 1:(127) 7 Layer Saw 4Pole LP Freq (on Layer 8 )
Slider 2:(0) 7 Layer Saw 4Pole LP Res (on Layer 8 )
Slider 3:(0) 7 Layer Saw Detune (Detune Layers 2-7)
Slider 4:(0) Sub Osc (3x Saw -12ST on Layers 8-11)
Slider 5:(0) Sub Osc Detune (on Layers 10-11)
Knob 3:(0) Attack
Knob 4:(0) Release
Knob 5:(127) Sub Osc 2Pole LP Freq
FX:
Slider 6:(127) Chorus Mix
Slider 7:(0) Dly Time
Slider 8:(0) Delay Mix
Slider 9:(25) Reverb Wet/Dry

Sound Demo:
https://soundcloud.com/jonsmanoj/7layerssawdemo

A quick sound demo - all the sounds are 'zero edit' using the above program - just playing around with the controllers. The last segment is the program with its default settings. Please excuse my sloppy playing.

This topic was modified 3 years ago 2 times by jonsmanoj

Posted : 13/06/2021 3:51 pm
piattica reacted
Christian Kennedy
(@mightywhitey)

Wow dude! This is awesome! I appreciate this. I'm new to VAST. So not only will this get me ahead in getting some of my bread and butter sounds happening, but it will also give me some insight on how to structure certain things going forward. Thanks, Brother! 

Posted : 13/02/2023 8:14 am
Share: