jan

Posted : 28/01/2012 6:04 pm
jan
 jan
(@jan)
Topic starter

First file was not the lastest version.

This is the one you need.

What's New in Version 3 (See full changelog)
The first version was not the one I meant to share.
This one more useable.
LFO controlled by pressure
Mod wheel controls LFO amount
Slider I controls Wet/Dry Reverb

Posted : 29/01/2012 4:17 am
jan
 jan
(@jan)
Topic starter

I uploaded version 4 just now.
Better overall brightness
added a little chorus that you can tweak with the sliders, or kill if you want.
the INFO page in the program tells you what slider does what.
Last but not least I added a few seconds of demo song for auditioning.

any suggestions for improvement are always welcome!

Cheers
Jan

Posted : 01/02/2012 2:29 pm
maestro1
(@maestro1)

I have recently purchased a PC3 and was trying to find someone who had a pedal steel guitar sound. I am assuming this is a country steel guitar used in country style bands. I have downloaded it to my hard drive. Is there a certain way to upload it into the keyboard - can you give me instructions. Can you tell me how it is used most effectively - sliders, other buttons, etc.

Posted : 23/02/2012 6:26 pm
jan
 jan
(@jan)
Topic starter

The info page shows exactly what slider does what.

Once you've loaded the program hit the info button and you'll know.

Attach the pc3 to the pc with usb. Hit the storage button, choose USB drive (not sure how it is called, no PC3 around now). Now copy the program to the usb drive that appears on your pc. Store it to the location of your choice and there you go.

All explained very clearly in the manual by the way.
Make sure you have the latest OS version from the Kurzweil site. Make sure you use my latest version 4.

Cheers
Jan

Posted : 25/02/2012 2:53 am
jan
 jan
(@jan)
Topic starter

Oh, and another thing, since you might be new to Kurzweil....

When you press the sustain pedal and use the pitch bend, only the notes that you actually press down are affected, not the sustained ones. That is the only way to simulate a steel guitar. I haven't come across any other keyboard brand that allows you to do that. Kurzweil always had this feature as far as my experience goes (some 18 years).

Try to make it a second nature to sustain notes in a chord with the pedal while bending one ore more notes up or down with the pitch wheel. Play one note in the chord one whole step too low, for instance, when you play a C chord, just play the chord with a D as second note, hit the sustain, release the C and G notes but keep holding down the D and pitch it a whole note up to E with the pitch wheel.

That should give you an idea. You'll have to know what you want to do with the chord before you play it.

here's a simple demo of the program: http://soundcloud.com/gasminet/steely-pedal-little-demo

Posted : 25/02/2012 3:07 am
midiotlv
(@midiotlv)

Thanks so much for this program! I was in need of a good steel guitar for a country song in a musical, and this hits it out of the park! Great job on this one.

Posted : 18/04/2012 9:12 am
jan
 jan
(@jan)
Topic starter

Oh, and another thing, since you might be new to Kurzweil....

When you press the sustain pedal and use the pitch bend, only the notes that you actually press down are affected, not the sustained ones. That is the only way to simulate a steel guitar. I haven't come across any other keyboard brand that allows you to do that. Kurzweil always had this feature as far as my experience goes (some 18 years).

Try to make it a second nature to sustain notes in a chord with the pedal while bending one ore more notes up or down with the pitch wheel. Play one note in the chord one whole step too low, for instance, when you play a C chord, just play the chord with a D as second note, hit the sustain, release the C and G notes but keep holding down the D and pitch it a whole note up to E with the pitch wheel.

That should give you an idea. You'll have to know what you want to do with the chord before you play it.

here's a simple demo of the program: http://soundcloud.com/gasminet/steely-pedal-little-demo

Sorry, that link is not valid anymore. Here's the working link to the demo song :https://soundcloud.com/wildroostermusic/steely-pedal-little-demo

Posted : 09/02/2018 2:26 am
Share: