Clear all

Duran Duran - Rio

4 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
danielgillen
(@danielgillen)
Topic starter

Here is the Setup I use for Duran Duran's "Rio." The bottom half of the keyboard is used to play the arpeggiated sounds. The lowest octave is a "Minor" arpeggiator and the next octave up (still on the lower half of the keyboard) is a "Major" arpeggiator. The upper half of the keyboard is an organ-like sound used for the beginning intro riff and the middle sax solo. Hopefully my customized arpeggiator settings are included in this setup or else it won't work properly. Use Slider A to set the tempo of the arpeggiator (I usually set it at about 3/4 up).

I also have a raw .mp3 of my band performing this song at a club (and me using this Setup on my PC3K8), but I can't seem to upload the music file. Email me if you'd like a copy.

-Dan
dpgblg@gmail.com

Posted : 12/06/2013 6:22 pm
RobsonLuis reacted
mamushkin
(@mamushkin)

Thank you!

Posted : 10/08/2013 3:12 am
danielgillen
(@danielgillen)
Topic starter

Hi everyone,

I've attached a new Setup for Rio. This much more closely replicates the arpeggiator of the original Duran Duran song than my original post, and it's very simple to use.

You only need three keys for the arpeggiator--left hand A, C, and E (A1, C1, and E1 on the PC3K8). Slider A sets the tempo & Slider B sets the volume of the arpeggiator. To match the recording tempo, I set Slider A at a little over 3/4. At 4 beats per measure, with the # of measures in () that I hold each note, I play the following:

Intro: E(2), E(2) & add right hand improv organ
C(3), A(1), C(3), A(1)
Verse: C(3), A(1) -- 4x
Transition: E(2)
Chorus: E(3), A(1) -- 4x

During the solo -- I improv with right hand around E

Please try it out and let me know what you think. If you have any suggestions, I'm open to hear them--I'm still very new at this. If you have any questions on my directions, please let me know.

Thank you!
-Dan

Posted : 05/09/2013 8:21 am
tux2014
(@tux2014)

Hi dou have the arp of Hungry like the wolf?

Posted : 21/08/2014 2:52 pm
Share: