0 Likes
24.7 K Views
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Hi,

I'm going to open this FAQ entry to explain some of the issues that happen when loading objects created in product X into product Y.

Instead of just throwing out a long message here, I'll be writing some posts in this thread with specific issues. Hope that clarifies some of the frequent problems people face while doing this.

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 23/10/2013 8:45 am
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Hi,

Loading setups created in the PC3/PC3K/PC3LE into the SP4, SP5 or Artis.

Note that in Artis setups are called multis.

Setups can be imported.

PC3/PC3K/PC3LE setups can have up to 16 zones.
SP4/SP5/Artis setups/multis can have up to 4 zones.

- Only the first 4 zones will be imported.

- If there are user programs in the same file and the setup uses those programs, then everything will sound ok. The programs will be imported with the setup and the setup will sound ok.

- If the setup uses factory programs, then the setup will NOT sound ok in SP4 and Artis. Because SP4 and Artis has a different program list than the PC3/PC3K/PC3LE. SP5 will be ok related to this as it uses basically the PC3LE program list. So, SP4 users out there, this is a typical case you will see while importing some setups from ksetlist. Some will not sound ok for you because the programs are just not there.

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 23/10/2013 8:54 am
lkileymd
(@lkileymd)

Hi.  I'm a newbie.  I play keys in a Zeppelin/Page/Plant tribute band.  We also do orchestral Zeppelin.  I've been playing a PC3K8 for the past 4 years and just purchased a shiny new PC4.  I loved all of the Zeppelin sounds on my PC3, and want to import them to the PC4 if possible.  This looked like the perfect place to ask that question: Can I easily import my PC3 patches into my PC4?

Posted : 24/08/2020 10:56 pm
Share: