Ethnic sounds

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
billbk
(@billbk)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Fran, one whole category of PC3 sounds that don't seem to be addressed on any other forum or by any of the independent sound developers would be the ethnic categories. I can see from old discussions here and elsewhere that this is desired by a LOT of people (more so than another Journey or 30 year old Pink Floyd patch). It would be cool if this site could be the source for this kind of thing. You could have subcategories for different countries - Irish (tin whistles, uilleann pipes, etc) being an obvious category that needs addressing...............just an idea.
Maybe some competitions to create really usable setups (that could include some of the new percussion sounds in the new ROM).
I know there are some patches across the various forums that could fall within this category - but to have them pulled together in one location would be invaluable.

Posted : 07/04/2013 9:23 am
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

Hi,

Yes, I agree, ethnic sounds are a huge area to be explored more. Personally, I love Celtic music and could use more programs/setups tailor made for that.

So, far, in the forum, the place to upload those things is The Vault. If we see a lot movement in that area, I can always create subforums there... but not until there are a good number of contributions.

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 07/04/2013 10:16 am
Share: