Genesis - Follow You Follow Me - organ

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Malc
 Malc
(@malc_1588023930)
Topic starter

Here is a patch for the Follow You Follow Me organ, requested by tonybanksfan.
I tried to match the version in the video so it might not match the organ from Seconds Out.
Plus it might need EQ for normal playing (hit Edit, hit EQ, and cut or boost the EQ levels).

There's 1 leslie fx block (instead of the full 4 block chain), 1 phaser, and 1 chorus.
I assigned the phaser on/off to the PC3's Switch (by the mod wheel).

If anyone needs help with basic modifications ask here or PM me.

Two programs in the file :
"Follow Org chr e" - this program uses KB3 mode, so you can alter the drawbars.
"Follow Org vast" - this program uses VAST instead of KB3 mode, it's lighter on resources.
There is an effects chain as well (which is important; if the PC3 asks, make sure you load dependents).

Loading sounds to PC3
http://kurzweil.com/knowledgebase/pc361 ... _mode/250/

Malc

Famous synth sounds - a work in progress:
http://enjoythesirens.com

Posted : 10/10/2013 7:54 am
mbutler45
(@mbutler45)

Hello,
Just download Follow You Organ Patch. Was wondering if by chance You might Have The Synth Lead sound as well.Thanks for the great sound
Matt

Posted : 22/01/2017 9:01 am
cecchino
(@cecchino)
Estimable Member

I used this sound when I had PC3 and PC3K keyboards, and it was also perfect for other Genesis tunes such as Afterglow. The problem is now I have a SP4-7 piano, and if I try to load this file I get an error and the loaded sound is dull (I don't know which program of the two included in the file is really loaded). I'd like to try both the KB3 and the VAST versions to see if at least one is usable on my SP4. Any suggestion on how to extract them without using a PC3(K) keyboard?

Posted : 10/02/2019 12:06 pm
cecchino
(@cecchino)
Estimable Member

So I'll answer myself... I found a workaround, by freeing two consecutive locations in the program user bank, and everything went fine.
So the first program sounds better than yesterday (still a bit dull, like any other KB3 program in this piano, I must sadly say) but the VAST based one is perfect. Malc is great!

Posted : 11/02/2019 1:27 pm
cecchino
(@cecchino)
Estimable Member

Maybe somebody will find this useful...
I've made two "single SP4 program" files, one for the kb3 version and another for the VAST version of this sound.
But it seems I'm not allowed to load them (the system does not like the extension .sp4p generated by the sp4 librarian) here :(

Posted : 17/02/2019 7:28 am
Rainbow
(@rainbow)

Many thanks Malc, much appreciated:)

Posted : 04/03/2020 2:44 pm
Share: