3 Users
1 Likes
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Hi,

This is a start for Separate Ways... based on one of my favourite presets 81 Classic Comp.

Play the intro as it is, but just before the first chord, press the SW button.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LatorN4P9aA

Do you have something better?

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 18/03/2011 5:23 pm
Daniel Dion reacted
kurzninja
(@kurzninja)

I've attached my Programs and Setup for playing Separate Ways. Original programming by me, Brett Guillory.

The following Programs are included:
"Separate Ways" - the main intro riff sound, custom sound
"Oh Bee Pad 2" - the fat brass stabs for the verses, recreation of the OB Pad sound from the K2600
"Ways Lead" - soaring triangle wave lead for the breakdown in the middle of the song, custom sound

The following Setup is included:

"Separate Ways" - programs split across the keyboard for playing.

How to play it:
The initial riff sound is positioned between G5 and B6. The song is in E and normally in playing the main riff, you'd start off playing octave E's, but as you progress through the riff, you end up playing E to G over an octave up. There are times where you'd have to play this with one hand, so what I've done is change the low E note to be on the G5 so you're never having to play more than an octave with your right hand.

The Oh Bee Pad 2 brass synth stab part is located from F4 on down.
The Ways Lead is located between E3 and B3.
These two sounds can be switched between using switch pedal 2. During the breakdown where you go back to the original riff while the guitar and bass play the descending line, press the pedal to mute the brass stabs and activate the lead sound, and play the lead sound with your left hand while your right continues to play the original riff. At the end of it, press the pedal again to go back to the brass stabs.

Edit: If you don't have a second pedal to mute/unmute your sounds, copy the pedal controls from Zones 2 and 4 to the SW button exactly as I have them and use the switch instead.

Posted : 17/05/2011 7:44 pm
PianoPete
(@pianopete)

The EntryProgChg on zone 3 of the setup is set to off. Needs to be changed to on.

Posted : 10/11/2013 12:41 pm
Share: