9 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
LarsUK
(@larsuk)
Topic starter

Hi all,

New Artis user here.
I have started to play a little bit with the editor as I want to be able to modify program FX (which can not be done from the unit itself)
I have found how to add an effect to an FX chain but can't find anything about how you can then assign parameters to the controls on the Artis.
For example, I have added a Chorus to an FX chain and simply want to enable/disable the Chorus using one of the assignable switches.
Can anyone help? I am using the editor which I believe is virtually the same than the PC3 one (In fact the documentation says PC3...)

Many thanks in advance.

Lars

Posted : 24/08/2018 3:12 pm
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

In the External Editor, just make sure this connection is done:
(This is done automatically in newer editors, not sure in the last Artis editor version though)

Assign a MOD X to the Chain parameter that you want to control.
Then it needs a Chain Info item with that X number in there.

That way, at the program level, you will then see in the Parameters page that MOD and you will be able to assign it to a physical controller to control it. It's kind of transparent in newer editors, but I remember in older ones it needed some manual work from the user to make that connection.

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 28/08/2018 5:53 am
LarsUK
(@larsuk)
Topic starter

Thanks Fran

Unfortunately its all a bit greek to me... :-(
I don't know what a Chain or Mod X is and don't see anything like that in the editor...

Can you provide more details on the procedure or point me to somewhere where this is described?

Thanks

Laurent

Posted : 28/08/2018 8:03 am
LarsUK
(@larsuk)
Topic starter

Hi,

Can someone help me with this? I still haven't figured it out... :-(

In the editor, I go to Prog FX, then Edit the FX Chain and then I can see there is a Modulation button.
From there I can select one of the effect blocks and then select the parameter, adjust value and a controller number so I assume that's where it's done.
However, when I assign a controller there, nothing happens so I must be missing something...
Help welcome as the documentation is literally non existent on this and I therefore can't use the "programmable" controllers on my Artis!

Many thanks in advance,

Lars

Posted : 20/11/2018 4:07 pm
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

When you are editing your chain and assign a modulation to be controlled by, say MIDI 24. You need to make sure that in the Chain INFO page, there is an item for MIDI 24. That info item can have a name "My awesome fx mod". If there is one, once you have save that chain and go back to program editor, in the Program parameters page you will see that new parameter called "My awesome fx mod". Then you can give it an entry value, and assign it to any of the physical controllers of the Artis, so that you can modify it in real time.

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 20/11/2018 8:02 pm
LarsUK
(@larsuk)
Topic starter

Thanks Fran.
Unfortunately, in the FX chain page, there is no INFO page. There is only ASR & LFO, Functions and Modulation.

In the Modulation menu you can choose Box (i.e effect block), parameter, adjust, source and depth.

There is an INFO box at the program level which has the following parameters:
Unique ID | Virtual parameter | Sub System | Assigned to (looks like controller number and then Midi number.
There is also an option called Edit Mods but have no idea what it does.

In the Fx chain page, I have tried assigning MIDI CC 23 to an effect parameter and then mapping it in the Program INFO page to a slider and then Midi 23 but no result...
It seems that once entered in the INFO page it can't be deleted either... :-(
I have logged a ticket with Kurzweil but no response from them.

Posted : 21/11/2018 4:40 pm
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

Hi,

I'll have to look at it... I was telling you from memory but it might be that some editors are more complete than others. When I have a chance, I'll give it a try myself and see if there is a way.

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 26/11/2018 7:12 am
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

Hi,

Well, I have to take my words back as what I said works in the SP6 Editor, but NOT in the Artis one. I guess that's a feature that was added in newer products than Artis.

Sorry about that!

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 26/11/2018 8:54 pm
LarsUK
(@larsuk)
Topic starter

Ok, thanks for the update.

Posted : 30/11/2018 2:21 pm
Share: