Can I share some PC3K samples?

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
izmopa
(@izmopa)
Topic starter

Hello Kurzweil guys,
I have sampled some instruments from virtual instruments to PC3K. I just like to know is legal to share them here or is there copyright issues? Some have sampled from commercial instruments that I have multisampled in two velocities and looped. Some are from free virtual instruments. Is it possile to share here big PC3K files (over 40Mb)?

Posted : 09/02/2014 9:40 am
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

Hi,

Asking is good!

This is what we say in the FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5

8.- Samples policy. For PC3K users. ksetlist server isn't huge in order to keep the cost of the site low. I pay it out of my pocket. We started with a No Samples policy in order to keep the size of the forum low. But some people really have great samples to share and, so far, the volume of contributions is not high enough to be concerned about filling the server. So, the sample policy will be this:

- Upload samples only if the are in the Kilobytes up to 10 megabytes. If they are bigger, talk to me first.

- VERY IMPORTANT: You have to own those samples. Don't upload any sample from any library out there. Just YOUR samples or samples that are public and allow you to post them in any place. It is strictly forbidden to upload samples to the ksetlist if you don't have the rights to them.

- In your post say that the objects contain samples, so that only PC3K users bother to download that file.

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 09/02/2014 2:35 pm
EvilDragon
(@evildragon)
Trusted Member

How about utilizing Google Drive or Dropbox for sharing bigger samples?

Posted : 09/02/2014 4:27 pm
izmopa
(@izmopa)
Topic starter

Hello. I am not sure what is legal from your answer. I have sampled myself all samples from those virtual instruments and then looped, fine tuned and made keymaps and Kurzweil VAST programming. I have not copied waveforms, just recorded them. So is it legal or not to share those programs with other users..?

Posted : 12/02/2014 10:43 am
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

Hi,

More than 1000 ksetlisters... anyone knows about legal stuff like this one?

It looks like you've done a nice job there izmopa!!! :)

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 12/02/2014 1:10 pm
The Puppeteer
(@the-puppeteer)
Trusted Member

I think it will depend on the licence conditions on each of the soft synths sampled as to what is allowed and what isn't. Licence conditions vary widely.

The Puppeteer
Godlike Productions
Mastering VAST Forum

Posted : 12/02/2014 7:05 pm
Share: