Converting styles for use in my PC3le

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Scott Murrell
(@scott-murrell)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

---I'm probably out of luck on this but I was just curious if it's possible to convert something like Yamaha arranger styles for use in my K. I really appreciated the advice about taking the drum tracks out of msf's, it's not exactly what I needed but it's fun playing with them.
I wish someone would make ( I don't mind paying for them) a good selection of drum beats in meters that pop and rock musicians use. My PC3le has lots of rhythms for other types but just straight drum beats it lacks unless I've missed them. Very possible!
Thanks, Scott

Posted : 21/10/2015 6:51 pm
SpotlightKid
(@spotlightkid)
Trusted Member

Hi Scott, the Kore64 expansion for the PC3(K) adds a good selection of drum patterns. Unfortunately it is not available for the PC3LE. For those with a PC3(K) and the Kore64 expansion, forum member Kaffimusic made some setups. which make it easy to audition these patterns. See his video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNf_gclembg

Any member of the PC3 family, including the PC3LE, can load standard MIDI files into the sequencer. There are several free collections with good drum patterns available on the net. Just search for "free midi drum patterns loops" (here's a good example). Be sure to get the patterns in General MIDI (GM) format, if different formats are available. Also, if you have the choice between MIDI "Type 0" and "Type 1" format, choose "Type 0", which has all drum sounds on the same track.

After you load those patterns into the sequencer, be sure to go to the MASTER mode and set the option "DrumRemap" to GM. Otherwise the wrong drum sounds will be used, since the Kurzweil drum kits use another note-to-drumsound mapping than General MIDI. Each MIDI file you load will be created as a new song. If you want to use a drum pattern in another song, use "Grab" from the Track functions in the Song editor (see the manual section about the Song mode for more info).

Chris' Sound Corner

Posted : 28/10/2015 8:04 am
Scott Murrell
(@scott-murrell)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

--Thank you for the advice, it's appreciated. I wish due to my extreme time constraints that someone would program or grab a selection of drum patterns and offer them for sale so people like me who need different drum patterns could just take the easy route out and buy them. I'm not lazy I'm just really pressed for time and that's not anyone's fault so I am willing to pay for them.
Once again as always on here I appreciate the help..
Scott

Posted : 28/10/2015 8:26 am
Share: