Forum

How to mute zones f...

Notifications
Clear all

How to mute zones from external midi controller?

12 Posts
5 Users
1 Likes
zoleeon
(@zoleeon)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi!

Another midi related question. The mute zone CC on Forte is number 149...but I cannot put this number in my external controller because it is accepting 128 maximum. Is there a way to be able to mute zones from external midi controller?

Thank you!

Posted : 27/08/2023 10:27 am
cecchino
(@cecchino)
Estimable Member

If your controller does not send the CC 149 my only guess is to use some software with MIDI management capabilities, but you'll need to connect a PC / tablet to both the controller and the Forte.

Posted : 28/08/2023 5:37 pm
zoleeon
(@zoleeon)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Posted by: @cecchino

If your controller does not send the CC 149 my only guess is to use some software with MIDI management capabilities, but you'll need to connect a PC / tablet to both the controller and the Forte.

Hi! Is there any controller which can be set to control CC149? Because all of my midi gear, and I have a few of them, cannot set CC149...As I know 128 is the maximum or 127 if it is starting from 0.Maybe the Electra One can manage CC above 128....or some sysex messages....

Anyway , thank you for your thoughts!

Posted : 28/08/2023 6:25 pm
cecchino
(@cecchino)
Estimable Member

Unfortunately I don't know any controller which can send CCs above 127 (at least I never had one).

And I don't think Sysex will help you. 

Good luck, anyway!

Posted : 28/08/2023 6:48 pm
acol
 acol
(@acol)

Why don't you try to send either volume (CC7) or expression (CC11) to 0 ?

Posted : 09/09/2023 8:52 am
zoleeon
(@zoleeon)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Posted by: @acol

Hi! 

Because with the cc7 or 11  will mute that zone and cannot sustain it. I was thinking to send a program change for the specific zone to change the patch to a no sound patch...but somehow it takes almost 2 seconds for this kind of change or I am doing somethibg wrong...

Thank you!

Posted : 09/09/2023 9:19 am
zoleeon
(@zoleeon)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Posted by: @acol

I am looking for a local keyboard off....but somewhere I've red that Kurzweil is not listening for this command....

Posted : 09/09/2023 9:35 am
acol
 acol
(@acol)

@zoleeon 

So change both MIDI Channel and Program

Posted : 11/09/2023 6:41 am
hipogrito
(@hipogrito)
Estimable Member Admin

Hi,

May I ask why do you want to mute a keyboard zone from an external MIDI controller? 

Regards,

Fran

Posted : 25/09/2023 1:54 am
zoleeon
(@zoleeon)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Posted by: @hipogrito

Hi,

May I ask why do you want to mute a keyboard zone from an external MIDI controller? 

Regards,

Fran

Hi!

I do have a Montage 7 also and it is capable of 8 scenes in every multi...scenes means that I can modify a lot of things like turning the local keyboard on or off, volumes of 8 zones and save it like a scene and change all this with one button. I do like this feature of the montage and I was thinking to implement in Kurzweil somehow. By itself Forte cannot do this, just activate or deactivate zones with pressing a switch, which is programed to do this . I found a midi controller(source audio midi foot controller) that can send several midi commands in one shot, on all midi channels but kurzweil does not respond to local keyboard off message on CC122 and the mute zone is on CC149 which is impossible to program in a external midi controller....so, I gave up. The Forte is a very capable midi controller too, but to control the Forte from an external controller is not so good.

Cheers!

Posted : 25/09/2023 4:17 am
Christian Kennedy
(@mightywhitey)

Posted by: @zoleeon

The Forte is a very capable midi controller too, but to control the Forte from an external controller is not so good.

Hi,

I have a K2700, and I've had a couple-few issues trying to get it to play nice with my external midi controllers, too. For instance, just this past week I was trying to make different programs, in different zones of a multi, on different midi channels, respond to signals from an external keyboard. Zones 1-4 responded exclusively to their corresponding midi channels. But when I added a fifth zone set to respond to midi channel 5, zone 4 responded to signals on channel 5 INSTEAD!! I did everything by the book, but no joy! I just can't figure it out. 

Posted : 24/10/2023 7:23 am
zoleeon
(@zoleeon)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi,

I have a K2700, and I've had a couple-few issues trying to get it to play nice with my external midi controllers, too. For instance, just this past week I was trying to make different programs, in different zones of a multi, on different midi channels, respond to signals from an external keyboard. Zones 1-4 responded exclusively to their corresponding midi channels. But when I added a fifth zone set to respond to midi channel 5, zone 4 responded to signals on channel 5 INSTEAD!! I did everything by the book, but no joy! I just can't figure it out. 

Hi Christian!

Just a few hints, which maybe can help you. I have a Forte 7 but mainly is the same as K2700.

There is a setup in the global menu named user setup, this one has to be in advance mode to be able to use all 16 midi channel for a multi.

Also in the global menu there is a local keyboard channel. This should be off.

Than in every zone in the multi, in the main menu there is the input channel, that should be the one you are using on your external controller. There are several option, L is for local, L+M is local plus midi.

Hope that will help you.

Cheers!

Posted : 25/10/2023 5:29 am
cecchino reacted
Share: