Clear all

Import PC2x programs to PC3K

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
JLRockr
(@jlrockr)
Topic starter

This thread is for those who wish to discuss importing PC2x programs to the PC3K machines.
I have been able to create the program SUNSPOT LEAD from the PC2x on the PC3K8. Fortunately, the keymaps needed, 174 and 177 are the same on both keyboards. Scouring through the menus on both machines I was able to manually recreate the program on the PC3K.
Many programs were carried over from the PC2, and many objects are the same or similar. Obviously the PC3K has more parameters, but that is not a problem going from PC2x to PC3K.
What would make this much easier would of course be able to convert the saved files to PC3K format externally with a computer utility program. As far as I know, none exists, and Kurzweil has no plans to build one, which leaves their loyal PC2 customers who bought PC3Ks no way to convert their favorite factory or user programs to the new keyboard.
However it is possible to do so manually it appears. What would make the manual process easier would be a complete parameter list for the PC2 and PC3K so they could be crossmatched and everyone could do their own conversions.
So, is it possible to get such a parameter list for each machine? Or is their documentation for the download files so one could write a utility to convert them?
I'd be glad to hear from anyone interested in this topic.
Thanks,
Jesse

Posted : 14/12/2014 6:15 pm
Vsyevolod
(@vsyevolod)

Jesse,

Late to the game here...

There is a program called PC2 Manager built by Frank Speck many years ago. It shows all the parameters in each of the PC2 programs. I have used this to port many of my favourite PC2 programs over to the PC3. It's time consuming and only gets you 98 per cent of the way there, the rest has to be tweaked by ear. The biggest difference comes in assigning the FX, though just keeping it simple is usually the best way to get there.

I believe you can find this program on the Cunka site, though you can always just send me an email and I'll send it over to you. It's Freeware so there's no concern of copyright infringement. My Yahoo address is Vsyevolod.

Stephen

Posted : 01/09/2015 11:16 am
ioannes
(@ioannes)
Trusted Member

I exactly have PC2X and PC3K6.
At the beginning I thought to move programs/setups from PC2X to PC3K but it is too much time-consuming in my opinion.
Now I am using both, every one with its own setups. Keyboards are different, it is better to use them as different instruments even if some programs are inherited.

Ioannes

Kurzweil PC3K6 Kurzweil PC2X Kawai MP5 Korg M50 ("B" team: GEM S2; Yamaha CP-30 - Ex: Yamaha PSR8000, Korg DS8, Korg DW6000, Roland D50, Roland Jupiter-4) - http://jcsbinasco.wordpress.com/la-band/

Posted : 02/09/2015 1:43 pm
Share: