Clear all

SP4 Sound Editor - Drawbars Problem

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
keyboardologist
(@keyboardologist)
Topic starter

I've purchased SP4 sound editor 2.2.1, and when I'm editing any KB3 program, all knobs and parameters are changing the sound of my sp4 in realtime as I'm using the software via computer's mouse (connected via usb with my sp4) but the drawbars faders are not working at all, either in 0-8 steps or 1-127 steps.
I switched off/on the sp4 and the application but no luck.
Is this a known issue? bug?
Has anyone seen this case or I'm the only person facing that problem?
I've just email soundtower company.
Do software faders/drawbars also working in pc3 or pc3le soundeditor?

Kurzweil Gear: SP4-7 - PC2R - ME1
Roland Gear: XV5080 - XP-30 - D70
Korg SP250
Midi Controllers: Fatar SL161, EMU Xboard25 and Xboard49, Behringer BCF2000 and FCB1010

Posted : 12/12/2014 5:40 pm
andysmusic
(@andysmusic)
Eminent Member

Unfortunately its a bug in the program. I also had problems when editing organ sounds. That area "freezed" and I couldnt continue programming. To me they said it would be fixed, but.......now my sp4 is sold.

It would be interesting thouhg to hear what they say if they answer your email.

Andy

Posted : 15/12/2014 2:58 pm
keyboardologist
(@keyboardologist)
Topic starter

Well, I got an answer:
Unfortunately the issue with the drawbars/sliders is a known one and it happens because of the internal OS on the SP4. Kurzweil is aware of this and we have been waiting for a long time on that OS update. Once it's in place, these features will work properly, but there is nothing we can do about without that OS update, sorry.
Please keep an eye on our website for an announcement about it or like us on Facebook (link below) to receive automatic notifications.
I apologize for the inconvenience.

So I will wait for a kurzweil OS update.
Also there is an option in the general menu called CC sliders, which presents the PC3's faders controls, and they are working but as these sliders are configured for controlling all the sounds, they are not controlling all the drawbars on the KB3 programs.
I'm really curious why kurzweil uses different KB3 midi mapping in sp4 from the one in the PC3's.

Kurzweil Gear: SP4-7 - PC2R - ME1
Roland Gear: XV5080 - XP-30 - D70
Korg SP250
Midi Controllers: Fatar SL161, EMU Xboard25 and Xboard49, Behringer BCF2000 and FCB1010

Posted : 16/12/2014 2:12 am
Share: